Favre and the Bills

If Favre does hang 'em up, someone tell the Packers we have a quarterback for them, whose name is not Matthews or Losman.

Seriously, if Drew is going to go, one way or another, perhaps we can recoup something (it may not be much) for him by dealing with a team that may be in a real bind for an experienced starter, even if it is Bledsoe.

If Favre does hang 'em up, someone tell the Packers we have a quarterback for them, whose name is not Matthews or Losman.

Seriously, if Drew is going to go, one way or another, perhaps we can recoup something (it may not be much) for him by dealing with a team that may be in a real bind for an experienced starter, even if it is Bledsoe.

225762[/snapback]

if favre does retire i would think they would go after drew brees.;

You have to wonder what Favre has left? He's not doing it by himself anymore and is struggling badly. Green Bay still has a very potent running game and you have to wonder why he's off the mark like he has been.

Don't get me wrong, I think he would fit well in Buffalo but I think his playing days are done. He's definitely a first ballot HOF!

if favre does retire i would think they would go after drew brees.;

225765[/snapback]

I'd be surprised if Brees becomes available. That would leave the Chargers with Rivers and Dougie, a similar situation to what the Bills may face (although I think TD will bring in another veteran to back-up Losman, who may well be given the starters position). The difference is the Bills may be forced to deal with this situation, whereas the Chargers don't have to if they so choose.

I just don't see Bledsoe as the Bills back-up, based on his pride and the Bills probable unwillingness to pay a back-up the money Bledsoe will be making. And I'm not sure many want him as the starter, at this point in time.

Of course, all problems will be solved if TD signs three top offensive linemen and Bledsoe can thus have an inpenetrable wall in front of him.

You have to wonder what Favre has left?  He's not doing it by himself anymore and is struggling badly.  Green Bay still has a very potent running game and you have to wonder why he's off the mark like he has been.

Don't get me wrong, I think he would fit well in Buffalo but I think his playing days are done.    He's definitely a first ballot HOF!

225778[/snapback]

Virtually every QB in the NFL struggles badly when they're trailing 17-0 in the first quarter and their defense is as bad as Green Bay's. Even Minnesota's defense can look decent when they don't have to worry about the run.

I think it's very unlikely that Favre retires before the season. He's still got some football left in him. The point that AD made about his defense, in addition to his own personal hardships last year, I think the guy is deserving of a Mulligan - even though he still put up some pretty good numbers. Favre is one of the few QBs you can lump in there with Jimbo, as far as being tough. They're both warriors, and I don't think Favre is ready to drop his battle axe just yet.

Don't get me wrong, I think he would fit well in Buffalo but I think his playing days are done.    He's definitely a first ballot HOF!

Did anyone suggest Favre come to Buffalo? I'm confused....

Are you related to baurthur? (old hag actress). :w00t:

GB will be looking for someone to play QB for the next 10 seasons, not the next 2

if they were intersted in drew, here is the order they'd be interested in

1. brees

2. hensen

3. barrymore

4. bledsoe

i think SD pulls a Peerless Price by franchising Brees and shipping him to GB for their 1st and prolly another pick

Favre benefits from all the embarrassing manlove John Madden douses him with when he's on national TV. I think it obscures the truth about how he's actually doing.

The fact is Favre played very, VERY poorly in the Packers' playoff losses the last two years. (Think about it -- how many int's did he throw in a home loss to Minnesota this year?) Sure he's been tremendous for the last dozen years and week-in, week-out he can be pretty good. But he's not what he was and his championship days are over unless Green Bay builds a team that doesn't rely on him, like Denver did (with Terrell Davis) in Elway's last years.

Favre benefits from all the embarrassing manlove John Madden douses him with when he's on national TV.  I think it obscures the truth about how he's actually doing.

The fact is Favre played very, VERY poorly in the Packers' playoff losses the last two years.  (Think about it -- how many int's did he throw in a home loss to Minnesota this year?)  Sure he's been tremendous for the last dozen years and week-in, week-out he can be pretty good.  But he's not what he was and his championship days are over unless Green Bay builds a team that doesn't rely on him, like Denver did (with Terrell Davis) in Elway's last years.

225918[/snapback]

The fact is that the Packers have made it that far with him at the helm. I would love to see him in Buffalo Blue for a couple years to prime JP.