Geno Smith is almost done

thewildrabbit

I think even accuracy may be something you see grow some-

1) he had a bum knee last year

2) didn't trust his o line this year

3) when your learning reads and progressions you don't always get target and mechanics right.

I know he's never been known for it but in some of the drills and things like sport science wasn't his arm right there with the most accurate? That would indicate some of his on field accuracy issues are picking targets (was he coached to miss safe last year on deep balls?), and trusting (receivers, blockers, himself).

Not saying he gets there, just that I don't believe it's impossible.

I agree with all this, as how can you evaluate the big picture on a player when he surrounded by crap.His OC starts calling passing plays all game against a team with the strongest pass rusher in the game, and most likely MVP this season. Then the OC basically uses the run game as a distraction, and it hasn't been used to help win games since week two. The poor guy was playing behind the worst O line in the game with a rookie player so bad he may never see another start.

I think we can all agree that the lack of a good O line, and good coaching are the biggest issues with this years team.

I've seen enough flashes of brilliance from EJ to know there is still something there worth developing under better coaching. Anyone else remember the Carolina game in week two of last year where EJ lead a two min drill to win the game in under a 1:38. EJ beat the Ravens last year. Then when he had a horrible game against the Jets week two, and he came back in week 11 when the run game wasn't working at all 68 rushes for 38 yards a 1.78 YPC avg. Ej played well for 20 of 28 245 yards and 2 TD's.

It was EJ that helped beat the Bears and Dolphins this year, and it all went south when the moron of an OC decides to go pass happy against the Chargers even when the run game was getting 4.5 yards per carry. This blatant retard of an OC has helped screw his own offense into the ground game after game on offense by trying to force his game plan into his opponents strengths.

Both EJ & Orton aren't even close to the problems with this years team, and until changes are made with the coaching staff they will never fully play to the best of their abilities.

Lastly, would you agree that its pretty difficult to step up in the pocket to complete deep passes when the interior of the line is the weakest part of the line. Plus, it seems to me that the Bills miss Stevie in the red zone, and his replacement doesn't even seem to be used at all in any aspect. I think the benching saved EJ from this horror of an offensive coaching staff, and from possible multiple concussions that would absolutely ruin him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic