Whaley without Sammy

4merper4mer

the Bills will need to find their franchise QB in free agency.

ryan mallet will be UFA

sam Bradford may be released

While Mallett looked good in his first game as a starter for the Texans 20/30 211 yards 2 TD, 1 INT. If he continues to play well for Houston I don't see them letting him get away, as they need a franchise QB too. Nobody has a bigger arm, but then nobody is a bigger statue.

As for Bradford, I honestly don't know why some think he will change teams and then suddenly change who he is. "My offseason scouting report on St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford can be boiled down to the phrase "an enigma wrapped in a riddle smothered in secret sauce." Bradford was regressing with a better line, and better coaching then what the Bills currently have.

The Bills have the worst O line in the NFL, and comparable coaches. I don't see any Bills QB having great success until they upgrade the line, coaches first. http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/quarterback/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000251299/article/what-we-learned-thursday-sam-bradford-regressing

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In general folks simply overvalue the draft and thus the critical importance of a 1st round choice. Yes it is true that good players have to come from somewhere and very good players tend to get drafted in the first round. However, I once looked at this in detail a few years back and even though it was generally viewed as a strong class, one year after the draft only half of the first rounders were starters (#1 o the depth chart at their positions).

Quite frankly one prefers to have a first round choice than not, but in reality it is quite possible for the actual case to be that missing your first rounder is simply not even fatal, but is simply meaningless in many many real world cases.

Think of it this way, what Whaley did by trading his first is to forgo a player like 1st rounder Erik Flowers and also increase the pressure on him to make a pick like 5th rounder Kyle Williams.

A tough task yes, but obviously quite possible to do

His thinking was that it was pretty clear to him that EJ is a PROJECT who needed some gamebreaker help to win now. He judged Watkins to be a better prospect to be a gamebreaker tan the other WRs I think that is true. The rookie player of the month award for Oct said it was true Watkns was worth the trade.