Score one for crap beer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't often post anymore, but I find this disturbing news. I grew up on Molson Export Draft (pitcher for a buck fifty) at many a Buffalo area bar.

Hope Chimay never bonds with Miller.

Someday, all cell phones will be the same. All fast food will be the same...

and....all beer will be the same? :D

Molson Export Ale is very good. Labatt Blue, Old Vienna are my standard cheap beers. Old Vienna still sells for $4.99 a 12 pack at the Rite-Aid on my corner.

Just say OV ? You betcha.

I find myself drinking lots of Sam Adams Lager and Winter Ale. My favorites. Killian is a good Amber.

Lite beer. Never

Molson Export Ale is very good. Labatt Blue, Old Vienna are my standard cheap beers. Old Vienna still sells for $4.99 a 12 pack at the Rite-Aid on my corner.

Just say OV ? You betcha.

I find myself drinking lots of Sam Adams Lager and Winter Ale. My favorites. Killian is a good Amber. 

Lite beer. Never

225482[/snapback]

Amstel Light is pretty good.

mmmmmm ommegang!!!! i can even get that down here in richmond, in a couple beer bars no less!!!!! love the ommegang line of beers

KRC -Have you tried Ommegang's Witte beer?  They brew it in Cooperstown and I see it in a lot of beer store here in NY but I'm not sure if it's available out-of-state.

Very refreshing, tastes great.  Nice summer beer.

225369[/snapback]

Amstel Light is pretty good.

225483[/snapback]

I agree. Now that I'm old and tired, I just get too bloated on the heavy beers-if I'm beer drinking. With food, it's different.

Probably the best beer I ever had was made by some monks on top of a mountain in Germany. Only place you could get it, they never bottled it. Was called the Kreuzburg Monastery, people would come from all over Europe to eat and drink up there. A rich, but not overly heavy boch with a good feel of malt. We called it "a meal in a mug". I was staioned in Wildflecken at the time, about four miles away. How convienient. Me and a friend of mine used to take our guitars up there and sing standards. Many, many a day had an excellent time and never paid for a drink.

Kloster Kreuzberg

In Duestche.

You need someone to explain why having sex with two amazingly hot chicks would be a good thing?

I think you've been listening to the beatles a bit too much....

225397[/snapback]

Uh, yeah. I get the appeal behind threesomes.

But I don't get the appeal of twins. Who are, uh, by definition "sisters." Meaning, you're fantisizing about two incestual sisters and you.

I think you've been listening to country music a bit too much...

Uh, yeah. I get the appeal behind threesomes.

But I don't get the appeal of twins. Who are, uh, by definition "sisters."  Meaning, you're fantisizing about two incestual sisters and you.

I think you've been listening to country music a bit too much...

225701[/snapback]

dude, they're not your sisters.

First of all, my affinity for Canadian beer on this board is well known.

Now, I've had Coors on occasion and it's OK (it is the only American macrobrew I will even sip), but Killian's is excellent. I had some at a ballgame last summer on a 90 degree day...it was perfect!

I'm happy the two have merged, largely because it will make Molson more competitive in this country. Maybe I can find more Molson products with the merger. Canadian is easy to find, Golden is there if you look, but I have a hard time finding anything else.

Other Canadian brews, except Labatt Blue and Blue Light, are almost nonexistent. I haven't seen Moosehead in Cleveland for several years.

As far as beer and the way it should be served? Ice cold is the way to go. Anything else goes against the way God intended.

Mike

As far as beer and the way it should be served?  Ice cold is the way to go.  Anything else goes against the way God intended.

Mike

225884[/snapback]

Actually, the colder the beer, the less flavor it will have. To each his own, I guess.