Day after sanity

I usually am pretty good at getting over losses, yesterday was different. This was one of those few times that playoffs wasn't that big of a hope and a prayer if they could've just won that game which was clearly in grasp. If they would have handily beat us, fine. We were the better team, and we gave it away.

Just still unreal for me to think about.

I kind of felt like the biggest momentum changer was the TD run on 4th and 1. Up until that point their offense couldn't do anything against our defense and even though they were still losing it just seemed to change the way the game was going IMO.

Agree. That was the momentum changer. McKelvin's fumble was the breaking of the dam.

We still scored and had momentum after Brown's fumble. It looked as if we would still close out the game until that 4th and 1 play. And let's not forget the 3rd and 16 that preceded it. Schwartz sat back in 3 man rush and that completion allowed the Chiefs the option of gambling on 4th and 1. Bring the heat with 4 or 5 guys on 3rd and the best you're probably looking at is a 7-8 yard dump off and a Chiefs punt. That really pissed me off watching that sequence in real time.

Our best chance of making the playoffs now is to win the division. We have to hope the Pats have a bad stretch of games and we win 5 of the next 7. There's no way we win a WC with our conference record, even of we go 10-6.

It's over brother. Our playoff chances went down the tubes with the McKelvin fumble yesterday., This team is not going to win 5 of 7. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but they just aren't good enough to pull off a run like that against quality teams. If nothing else, yesterday proved that.

More like 7-9 or even 6-10 and no first rounder....

This has been one of the more frustrating losses in recent memory. How many other ways can they lose games?

6-10? really? guess you think we dont have a defense and we are always going to lose close ones...we were lucky to win in detroit and minn. this was the one we shoulda won but its evening out. maybe 8-8 or 9-7 but 6-10 is a ridiculous assessment.

It's over brother. Our playoff chances went down the tubes with the McKelvin fumble yesterday., This team is not going to win 5 of 7. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but they just aren't good enough to pull off a run like that against quality teams. If nothing else, yesterday proved that.

The Jets, Browns, Miami, and Raiders aren't world-beaters. We're better than every one of them imo. That leaves 3 good teams and we only have to beat 1 of them. It's not that much of a stretch.

Orton was far from the biggest problem yesterday.

I hope you are not serious and this is a joke. He missed some throws made some throws. He didn't turn the ball over. Whether you think he is the answer or not, he was NOT the biggest problem yesterday.

I usually am pretty good at getting over losses, yesterday was different. This was one of those few times that playoffs wasn't that big of a hope and a prayer if they could've just won that game which was clearly in grasp. If they would have handily beat us, fine. We were the better team, and we gave it away.

Just still unreal for me to think about.

Agreed we have more talent that has been proven the last 2 years against those guys. What they do is not beat themselves. WE DO!

Not sure that is true. Enough horses in the barn to win a lot of those games and get some momentum for the final quarter and split those four. The biggest question to me is will this coaching staff figure out how not to beat ourselves in time, and that is debatable.

The Jets, Browns, Miami, and Raiders aren't world-beaters. We're better than every one of them imo. That leaves 3 good teams and we only have to beat 1 of them. It's not that much of a stretch.

Nice call!

I hope you are not serious and this is a joke. He missed some throws made some throws. He didn't turn the ball over. Whether you think he is the answer or not, he was NOT the biggest problem yesterday.

I think you misread. You guys are saying the same thing.