About J.P.

DreamOnDan

There's a reason Warner was stocking shelves for awhile.

226220[/snapback]

You're 100% right. I'm sure that every GM in the league was thinking the same thing as they watched Warner carve up their defenses with surgical precision. "There is a reason this guy was stocking shelves," they surely thought to themselves. "Leading a team to a SB win--when that team relies more on passing than running, more on offense than defense--isn't good enough to deserve a roster spot in the NFL."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a mighty bold statement VA....

You are either going to look like someone with really good inside info....or a bonafide goat..... <_<

225162[/snapback]

VA's shared info from this source with me before. He's not always right...but usually is, and generally knows of what he speaks, right or not.

Then what was Drew's rating when Willis was in there?

226246[/snapback]

I can't believe I actually found the answer to this, but I did. In the games when Willis started, Drew had 304 attempts, 172 completions, 1933 yards, 15 TDs, and 9 INTs. This works out to a rating of 79.8; not much different from his rating for the year as a whole. Considering all the things that were good about those games--weaker defenses, an offensive line that had come together, the emergence of Evans, McGahee as the starter, defenses daring us to pass--you'd think he'd have been able to take better advantage of the situation.

Kurt Warner came into a situation where a new offensive system was being installed, the offensive line--awful to begin with--was learning a new blocking scheme, and where he hadn't had the chance to develop chemistry with any of the players in previous years. That his QB rating was substantially higher than Drew's; even if you're just looking at the non-Travis part of Drew's season--says a lot about Warner as a player.