(OT) Ebay seller. Taking too long to ship.

OnTheRocks

I bought a book from a guy off of ebay. It was paid for the same day I won the bid. 17 days have passed and I still do not have the book.

He was shipping from Kentucky to me in Upstate NY.

I emailed him the other day and asked him for the status or tracking of the book, he responded by inidcating he believed I was from Canada and I should sit tight.

I told him...no...I am from Upstate NY.

He replied, sit tight, it should be to you shortly.

How long to I "sit tight" before giving him a bad report and asking for my money back?

The book was only $3.00 and shipping was $4.50 so I don't want to make a big deal about it but, I just don't care for sending money out to some nimrod who might be ripping me off.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a book from a guy off of ebay.  It was paid for the same day I won the bid.  17 days have passed and I still do not have the book.

I emailed him the other day and asked him for the status or tracking of the book, he responded by inidcating he believed I was from Canada and I should sit tight.

How long to I "sit tight" before giving him a bad report and asking for my money back?

The book was only $3.00 and shipping was $4.50 so I don't want to make a big deal about it but, I just don't care for sending money out to some nimrod who might be ripping me off.

224416[/snapback]

If he already left you feedback, go ahead and leave him a negative. If he hasn't. DON'T.

Why? Because he will most likely turn around and do the same to you (even though you paid). This will give you a negative, and unless your feedback is in the hundreds, or thousands, that can hurt you when trying to buy or sell.

Honestly, for $4.50, I wouldn't want a negative on my feedback.

However, in either case, keep e-mailing him. Bug him until you get something ($4.50 or the book), and I would contat eBay if another week goes by without any resolution.

I bought a book from a guy off of ebay.  It was paid for the same day I won the bid.  17 days have passed and I still do not have the book.

224416[/snapback]

did you pay with paypal? if so file a complaint with them...if he cannot prove delivery, your money will be refunded...if the book arrives, you can cxl the complaint

I've filed complaints with both Ebay and Paypal, and the process is quite long and aggravating and will take no less than 30 days. In fact, I don't think you can file a complaint with either Ebay or Paypal until 30 days after the auction ends. I'd wait another week or two, then file the complaint.

If you bought a book, chances are he shipped it book rate; aka, the slow boat. I'm with the seller, raid another week or so.

I'm assuming the guy you bought from has a relatively high feedback? (ie: higher than 20 or 30?). If so, do you really think he's going to try ripping you off for $7? It's just not worth it.

CW

You have his address. Go online, find every gay magazine you can, and subscribe him to them. Use the "Send me a Bill" or "Bill me later" option. That way, he'll get at least the first issue, and a bill for each one.

224450[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure you're kidding, but just in case someone wants to take your advice here -- you'd be committing mail fraud, which is a felony...

Food for thought.

CW

I'm pretty sure you're kidding, but just in case someone wants to take your advice here -- you'd be committing mail fraud, which is a felony...

Food for thought.

CW

224467[/snapback]

its pretty dam funny though..... and I don't think that's fraud

How was it shipped?

If it was regular parcel USPS (motto - if it absolutely, positively would be nice if it gets there, maybe, hopefully in the not too distant future) it wouldn't surprise me at all if it takes in excess of a week, maybe 2.

When did he ship? Again, depending on the method, if it's more than 2 weeks ago & it's traceable, have him do so.

I'm reluctant (& apparently so is everybody else) to leave negative feedback, but assuming he waited more than a few days to ship, I think that calls for a Neutral. As someone suggested though, it might be prudent to wait for him to leave your feedback.

Food for thought.

CW

224467[/snapback]

I wasn't kidding. I better watch my ass, cause I then committed about 5 felonies in college.

This prank is awesome.

I wasn't kidding. I better watch my ass, cause I then committed about 5 felonies in college.

This prank is awesome.

224482[/snapback]

Chances are you wno't get caught, so you're probably ok. But still... :rolleyes:

I seem to recall reading somewhere awhile ago about someone who wrote a script that went out to thousands of magazine sites and filled in the reqest information for one indivudual so that he got burried in spam mail... Ouch. ;)

CW

The seller doesn't want negative feedback. Keep after them. Media Mail can take 3 weeks. After 20 days, threaten with negative feedback, and if you don't hear from them, post it.

I posted negative feedback too early in the process and regretted it. Turns out I could have gotten this seller to bend on price, send me another item, etc., but I was too impatient.

Food for thought.

CW

224467[/snapback]

But what a great idea. I don't think I'd worry too much about the Post Office Police trying to track you down for some bogus magazine subscriptions.