U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton taken to hospital

richjk21

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is not opposed to late-term abortions and getting abortions without parental consent. Those are widely considered to be extreme points of view on this subject.

224247[/snapback]

I think you forgot the important part when you said "not opposed to late-term abortions." The full sentence reads "She is not opposed to late-term abortions where the life of the mother is in jeopardy." She, like most Democrats, supports a ban on late-term abortion provided it allows for the protection of the mother's health.

She also believes in parental notification, but again knows there should be exceptions.

That's extreme?

It's like saying someone who supports banning carry permits for RPG's is "extreme anti-gun."

I think you forgot the important part when you said "not opposed to late-term abortions."  The full sentence reads "She is not opposed to late-term abortions where the life of the mother is in jeopardy."  She, like most Democrats, supports a ban on late-term abortion provided it allows for the protection of the mother's health.

She also believes in parental notification, but again knows there should be exceptions.

That's extreme?

It's like saying someone who supports banning carry permits for RPG's is "extreme anti-gun."

224265[/snapback]

Here's a novel idea: Why don't we all learn to be responsible people and not put ourselves in the position where abortion even needs to be an issue?

Like that'll ever happen.......

Here's a novel idea: Why don't we all learn to be responsible people and not put ourselves in the position where abortion even needs to be an issue? 

Like that'll ever happen.......

224280[/snapback]

Do you mean there should be a law that bans sex unless you intend to conceive? :rolleyes:

Not everyone is as fortunate as most of us who grew up in an environment where they are given proper supervision and education on how to be responsible people.

I think you forgot the important part when you said "not opposed to late-term abortions."  The full sentence reads "She is not opposed to late-term abortions where the life of the mother is in jeopardy."  She, like most Democrats, supports a ban on late-term abortion provided it allows for the protection of the mother's health.

That's extreme?

224265[/snapback]

If her stance on abortion is how you worded it, then no she is not extreme.

But if she supports part-term/late-term abortion for reasons outside the woman's health, then yes that is extreme.

And if she is against parental notification for reasons beyond parent-child incest and such, then yes that is extreme.

Do you mean there should be a law that bans sex unless you intend to conceive?  :rolleyes:

224288[/snapback]

Huh?

What I'm saying is that there are plenty of ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Use em.

Not everyone is as fortunate as most of us who grew up in an environment where they are given proper supervision and education on how to be responsible people.

224291[/snapback]

I understand what you are saying........but there are plenty of instances where people know better, but just neglect the responsibility.

Huh? 

What I'm saying is that there are plenty of ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Use em.

224305[/snapback]

Oh, so you're pro-abortion then, eh? :rolleyes:

Just providing a bad-joke on how views can be twisted. Not implying anything real...

So you're willing to let abortion remain legal, you just want to reduce the need for it which the majority of Americans agree on?

224312[/snapback]

I think there are many instances where Americans are lazy when it comes to personal responsibility. One of those areas is manifest by the number of abotions carried out every year. I think it's unreasonable to think that abortion could be erradicated completely, but I think the problem could be dramatically impacted if people would take more responsibility for their actions.

As far as the legality of abortion, it's very difficult for me to have a well-defined position. I am not a woman and I will never be in their position. Beyond the issue of legality, it breaks my heart to think that there are so many unwanted pregnancies in this country.

I'm pro "retroactive abortion" - especially if I'm given ultimate authority on the matter.  :rolleyes:

224323[/snapback]

That's about the funniest thing I've ever heard you say lol