metlife stadium hotels and transportation

Hi. My brother uncle and a friend just got tickets to the game on sunday. Does anyone know of any fairly cheap hotels (not crappy just decent price) that are within public transportation to and from metlife stadium. Also how are the fans. I have always had problems with jet fans at the ralph. How are they at their home stadium?

I'd say stay in the city and take the bus from Port Authority to the game (I believe they run frequently on game day). Weekend hotel rates in the city are usually pretty reasonable.

Jets fans are meatheads and like any fans behave worst at home when they have safety in numbers.

Hilton across the street from Metlife has rate of 139 for Sat night. Pretty sure they have a cheap shuttle. Cheaper prices available if you look into hilton mvp. The place has some renovated floors and some in need of.

Do you know how long the bus takes. Do you know the route number by any chance? I would like to find a schedule before hand. I am pretty Familiar with the subway but I have never taken a bus in the city. Thank you for your help

I found the link. Probably takes 45 minutes on the way and an hour or so on the way back. Good suggestion above about contacting the NYC BBB club as they may charter their own bus from McFaddens. I think Matt (founder) still posts here occasionally, especially if there is a NYCBBB event.

http://www.coachusa.com/info/coachusa/ss.351express.asp

There's probably a way to get there via PATH trains too but one of the Jersey boys will need to chime in on that. Or you could stay near the stadium if you're not interested in anything except the game -- there's not much else near the Meadowlands.

I found the link. Probably takes 45 minutes on the way and an hour or so on the way back. Good suggestion above about contacting the NYC BBB club as they may charter their own bus from McFaddens. I think Matt (founder) still posts here occasionally, especially if there is a NYCBBB event.

http://www.coachusa.com/info/coachusa/ss.351express.asp

There's probably a way to get there via PATH trains too but one of the Jersey boys will need to chime in on that. Or you could stay near the stadium if you're not interested in anything except the game -- there's not much else near the Meadowlands.

Thank you everyone for the help.

we haven't decided if we just want to go to the game or to make a weekend out of it. If it were just me I would stay near the stadium but we are taking my uncle for his birthday and he will probably want to walk around the city.

We are looking into the Hilton near the stadium now. However a bus with bills family in enemy territory would definitely be cool.

Is anyone here going to the game?

Jet fans at the ralph are the worst

I know I absolutely hate them. They ruin everything. Just terrible people.