Super Bowl Highlight Shows

I'm recording the Bills ones, might do a DVD.

However, the NFL Network also has a bunch of them showing. Not sure if they're going to be the same or not, so I'm recording both. Poeple might want to check the schedule though (NFL Network is 212 on DirecTV). They might be the same, but then again they might not.

CW

I'm recording the Bills ones, might do a DVD.

223358[/snapback]

Perhaps then we could have a 'cleansing' ceremony where we all chuck the DVD into Lake Erie?

I'm beginning to hate NFL Films and these productions. Minus commercials - these things are 25 minutes long and the recent ones (the last 10 years) contain about 5 minutes of actual football, broken down into 5 plays - each shown 10 times, all in slow-motion, and from different angles.

The other 20 minutes are filled with crap shots of goofy fans, photographers, confetti, etc....

It's almost as if they are embarrassed about showing their actual product.

I'm beginning to hate NFL Films and these productions.  Minus commercials - these things are 25 minutes long and the recent ones (the last 10 years) contain about 5 minutes of actual football, broken down into 5 plays - each shown 10 times, all in slow-motion, and from different angles.

The other 20 minutes are filled with crap shots of goofy fans, photographers, confetti, etc....

It's almost as if they are embarrassed about showing their actual product.

223437[/snapback]

That may all be true, but you have to admit Steve Sabol is a genius.

I really think NFL Films a contributing factor in the NFL blowing away all of the other sports. I mean, I'm only 24 and I have all 38 SB's pretty much memorized.

It's hard to put it into words. There''s just something very powerful about the slowmotion footage of a players breath showing in the cold weather, the dirty jersey's, and that guy's voice.

That may all be true, but you have to admit Steve Sabol is a genius. 

I really think NFL Films a contributing factor in the NFL blowing away all of the other sports.  I mean, I'm only 24 and I have all 38 SB's pretty much memorized. 

It's hard to put it into words.  There''s just something very powerful about the slowmotion footage of a players breath showing in the cold weather, the dirty jersey's, and that guy's voice.

223498[/snapback]

that's true, but these last 10 or so are so arsty-fartsy that it makes me sick. I love the OLD NFL Films, because it was non-stop football with great commentary. Now, these SB films are more about the entire "experience" instead of the game.... Like I give a rat's ass that there were lobsters on the photographers cameras during the Pack/Pats game...

that's true, but these last 10 or so are so arsty-fartsy that it makes me sick.  I love the OLD NFL Films, because it was non-stop football with great commentary.  Now, these SB films are more about the entire "experience" instead of the game....  Like I give a rat's ass that there were lobsters on the photographers cameras during the Pack/Pats game...

223505[/snapback]

Yeh, I'll agree with that.

I couldn't reach for my remote fast enough when I heard the words "Jimmy Johnson" and "narrarate" in the same sentence. I mean, you CAN'T be serious. It was either the remote control, or a rope and the nearest ledge.

The SB XXVII (the first one vs Cowboys) highlight film features Jimmy Johnson spouting off about how he "knew the Cowboys would win the game, but he just didn't know by how much."

If that didn't fire up the Bills for the next year's matchup, I don't know what would have...but as we all know, whatever fire that was burning inside the Bills was doused shortly after halftime... :lol: