Time for players to call out NFLPA not NFL on dirty play

Greg Olsen calls out Vontaze Burfict for dirty play and wants NFL to suspend him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11696764/greg-olsen-carolina-panthers-says-vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-needs-disciplined-post-tackle-tactics

NFL players are complaining all the time for suspensions determined by NFL so why not complain to your labor union, the NFLPA, and get THEM to punish players? It is supposed to represent you and NFLPA declares the NFL can not be fair in rulings. Lets see them be fair and impartial on needs of two of their members rather than just sabre ratting to try to get bigger cut of revenue.

Greg Olsen calls out Vontaze Burfict for dirty play and wants NFL to suspend him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11696764/greg-olsen-carolina-panthers-says-vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-needs-disciplined-post-tackle-tactics

NFL players are complaining all the time for suspensions determined by NFL so why not complain to your labor union, the NFLPA, and get THEM to punish players? It is supposed to represent you and NFLPA declares the NFL can not be fair in rulings. Lets see them be fair and impartial on needs of two of their members rather than just sabre ratting to try to get bigger cut of revenue.

I don't actually think the nflpa has any say whatsoever regarding player punishment. Anti-union folks don't like them for a host of reasons (despite the act that they have the worst deal in big time sports), but I don't think it's fair to criticize them for this. Besides, isn't it the responsibility of the grownups to protect the 23 year olds from themselves??

Edited by dave mcbride

I don't actually think the nflpa has any say whatsoever regarding player punishment. Anti-union folks don't like them for a host of reasons (despite the act that they have the worst deal in big time sports), but I don't think it's fair to criticize them for this. Besides, isn't it the responsibility of the grownups to protect the 23 year olds from themselves??

Not really. Unions were formed to protect their own.

Anyway, the NFLPA can't be bothered with protecting players from other, dirty players---they are far to busy trying to protect the livelihoods of lady-beaters like Ray Rice.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Not really. Unions were formed to protect their own.

Anyway, the NFLPA can't be bothered with protecting players from other, dirty players---they are far to busy trying to protect the livelihoods of lady-beaters like Ray Rice.

Evidence? Because it seems to me like the league and baltimor's ownership has tried harder than the nflpa to protect rice.

So did the Ravens' ownership, no? The usa today story says nothing at all about the nflpa's desires, btw.

The NFLPA desires that Rice serve 2 games. That much is clear in the USAToday article.

The Ravens ownership is dirty here as well, no argument here. But the point is that the NFLPA is not going to go to any lengths to alter the bad behavior of its members. They have no interest in this. Their interest is the opposite--to keep guys on rosters.