i think EJ's soft.

Perhaps he is learning from a vet like CJ Spiller.

Fair enough. But CJ runs up the middle. Not to mention he is 4 inches and 40 pounds smaller then EJ. If EJ gets another chance- I want to see him step up in pocket, take a hit, and throw a homerun ball to Watkins or anyone and and I would like to see EJ lower his shoulder and get a first down. If he wants to be a captain, actions, not words.

What you do should speak so loudly that no one will hear what you say- Marv

Edited by Pete

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the team has seen it, and the coaches were probably hoping he'd toughen up and take control.. as much as i was on board with how they were going to build our franchise QB - i gotta give props to everyone who knew that he should have competed for the starting job. he got it by default, and try as he could, he just wasn't up to it.. but that's his problem.. Marrone took control. he had to.. the team was not going to commit to any kind of fierce effort if they thought any one of them was getting a free pass.. it's just the way it broke.. but give Marrone credit.. this should light a fire under everyone's ass.. including EJ

btw -i think his comment regarding "this might toughen him up" , or something like that, spoke directly to the problem.

totally correct