Give EJ a 5 year/$75million extension NOW

BringBackFergy

He will turn it around and when he does....look out. We'll have teams clammoring to sign him. So it makes sense to sign him long term right now. I'd say sign him for 8 years but that might not fly...so 5 years/$75mill sounds reasonable. He would be locked in and we'll have a star in 2-3 more years on the cheap.

I know you're pulling everyone's chain, but the joke has gone on long enough.

This is where you say "HA...I can't believe you thought I was SERIOUS!!"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying 5 other teams have already made an inquiry? I can understand their enthusiasm but I think that violates the CBA. The front office gave Fitz a 5 yr/$60 mill extension after 2 good games; EJ has played four pretty good games so I think he's worth $75mill...maybe throw in a new car, a mini fridge and free cleats.

No, it's more sinister than that. From what I have learned, at least 4 of the interested parties have taken to anonymously creating accounts on Bills message boards and spreading negativity about EJ in an effort to drop his stock. The thought is, the Bills will buckle under that pressure and eventually cut ties prematurely allowing them to lock down EJ for a 10 year, $90 million bargain.

No, it's more sinister than that. From what I have learned, at least 4 of the interested parties have taken to anonymously creating accounts on Bills message boards and spreading negativity about EJ in an effort to drop his stock. The thought is, the Bills will buckle under that pressure and eventually cut ties prematurely allowing them to lock down EJ for a 10 year, $90 million bargain.

I can see this happening. If we lose EJ in 2 years, then who do we sign?? Andy Dalton? Rivers (as he hits retirement), Luck? Johnny Football? (no thanks) Stick with our youth and watch him grow. Lock and load.

Just to clarify: You're serious?

EJ was benched...he wasn't cut. The kid has more potential than Geno Smith. I know it's unorthodox but as the old saying goes "Buy low and sell high". EJ is at a low point. You buy him up now quicker than an elephant eating peanuts. So you disagree? No big deal...but just remember how we let go of Marshawn and he blossomed. We need to lock EJ in now for the long haul.

EJ was benched...he wasn't cut. The kid has more potential than Geno Smith. I know it's unorthodox but as the old saying goes "Buy low and sell high". EJ is at a low point. You buy him up now quicker than an elephant eating peanuts. So you disagree? No big deal...but just remember how we let go of Marshawn and he blossomed. We need to lock EJ in now for the long haul.

Your idea of locking up EJ now because he is cheap is a lot like buying a stock because it is cheap. If you do that, more times than not, you will get burned.

Contrary to common folk lore, you don't buy low and sell high. You buy on the way up because the trend is up. You buy high and sell higher. Just try not to over pay like they did for Fitzpatrick.

Stocks get really cheap right before the company goes out of business. If you are serious about this, then I have a few penny stocks I would like to sell you. How about you take 20% out of your 401k and buy them from me?

Your idea of locking up EJ now because he is cheap is a lot like buying a stock because it is cheap. If you do that, more times than not, you will get burned.

Contrary to common folk lore, you don't buy low and sell high. You buy on the way up because the trend is up. You buy high and sell higher. Just try not to over pay like they did for Fitzpatrick.

Stocks get really cheap right before the company goes out of business. If you are serious about this, then I have a few penny stocks I would like to sell you. How about you take 20% out of your 401k and buy them from me?

Facebook's IPO started at 45/share...everyone bailed on it down to 35/share and now, after some fine tuning and coaching, it sits at $78/share. EJ = Facebook

Facebook's IPO started at 45/share...everyone bailed on it down to 35/share and now, after some fine tuning and coaching, it sits at $78/share. EJ = Facebook

Nice.....But I think you are mistaken. EJ appears to be more like Enron rather than Facebook. If you bet your life savings on him, you will likely end up broke.

Marshawn is the same RB in Seattle that he was in Buffalo.

You only buy low on valuable assets. EJ's value is in serious question and you have 3 more cheap years to figure him out. Why in the world would you throw money at him?? For me...it's the dumbest idea not proposed by me on this board.

What do you do for a living?

The benching makes EJ more valuable. Injury risk is eliminated, longer learning curve, personal growth by overcoming adversity, learning the game better by running scout defense in practice, and removing the pressure that can cause intestinal irritation. EJ needs to be signed long term, and quick, before interest from the rest of the league starts pushing up his value.

Edited by negativo

A broker with a fondness for technical analysis and momentum indicators?

No on the broker thing. Independently wealthy broke business owner/investor with an incurable addiction to the Bills. Yes on the fondness for technical analysis and momentum indicators. ETF's more so than individual stocks.