Watching Sunday Ticket on laptop question

Nervous Guy

I got the Sunday ticket max package this year so my son could watch the Bills games while he's down in Florida. This may be a stupid and naive question but is it as simple as logging into your DTV account and going to the watch TV tab choose live or stream and scrolling down to the 700's? Any advice would be most appreciated!

I got the Sunday ticket max package this year so my son could watch the Bills games while he's down in Florida. This may be a stupid and naive question but is it as simple as logging into your DTV account and going to the watch TV tab choose live or stream and scrolling down to the 700's? Any advice would be most appreciated!

Sunday Ticket should be a separate app. DTV doesn't allow you to stream its programming through the DTV streaming player if you are not on the same home network as the DTV receiver. The Sunday Ticket app should be a different player.

ps - Do your own homework, Sue.

Sunday Ticket should be a separate app. DTV doesn't allow you to stream its programming through the DTV streaming player if you are not on the same home network as the DTV receiver. The Sunday Ticket app should be a different player.

ps - Do your own homework, Sue.

the homework was confusing hence my question to those with direct experience. I don't think you need to download the app on a laptop:

On your computer:

Go to directv.com/nfl and sign in using your directv.com username (your email address) and password. If you haven't already, you can create an account now.

On your mobile device:

Download the latest NFL SUNDAY TICKET app from the App Store or Google Play, then sign in using your directv.com username (your email address) and password. If you haven't already, you can create an account now.

On your game console:

Download the latest NFL SUNDAY TICKET app from the Xbox Live Marketplace or the PlayStation Store, then sign in using your directv.com username (your email address) and password. If you haven't already, you can create an account now.

Please note that if you download the app before the start of the season, you will have to update it to enjoy the latest features.

Plus there's this:

What happens after I sign in to NFL SUNDAY TICKET Online?

The NFL SUNDAY TICKET Online interface will load and a video stream of the RED ZONE CHANNEL® will automatically play in the video window if it is currently on-air.

And this:

Can I watch NFL SUNDAY TICKET online on my work and home computer?

You can watch NFL SUNDAY TICKET Online from any computer you want, but you can only watch it from one (1) computer at a time. Please remember to log off from your computer before watching it from another computer. Downloading large files or using peer-to-peer applications while watching video, for example, may prevent you from being able to receive enough data to maintain a constant video stream. Your viewing experience will be affected if our servers are unable to deliver data to your computer quickly enough because of network congestion on your connection. Turn off any other programs that are sharing your connection like other browser windows and email programs. You might also try restarting the computer to close other programs that may be running in the background.

I know in the past you could watch on any computer, but the rules may have changed now that set top boxes are networked. I couldn't watch regular DTV programming remotely because I was on a different network than my home. I didn't try to see if it would work over a cellular connection. My guess is that it would work, because the rules allow you to watch outside your home. But they're probably blocking programming if the wifi signal is on a different network to prevent double dipping.

Hmmm. I've got Verizon FIOS and have no interest in putting a dish up on the domicile (i.e. wifey's insistence).

It sounds like I could get this and watch Bills games w/o buying their whole package. Is that the case?

For $55. it would be nice. For $330. it's not going to happen.

If I remember correctly from last year, after you login to DirecTV there is a pretty prominent link for Sunday ticket (assuming you have the package.) If he doesn't see it, tell him to look for the Sports packages in the navigation, he should be able to find it from there. It was not available from the Watch tab in years past.

If I remember correctly from last year, after you login to DirecTV there is a pretty prominent link for Sunday ticket (assuming you have the package.) If he doesn't see it, tell him to look for the Sports packages in the navigation, he should be able to find it from there. It was not available from the Watch tab in years past.

thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!