Napa Valley California Earthquake

CowgirlsFan

I live> 2K miles away now and slept like a baby ;-)

Dante is probably the closest TBDer. Talked to a few friends about 50 miles away They got woken by moderate rumbling for 30 seconds, but no damage. In Napa the damage was to old brick or stone buildings(<1900).Thevast majority of the town was fine. Skateboarders were using the buckled roads for ramps and jumps. An example- the local WalMart was structurally fine, but everything came off the shelves.

I live> 2K miles away now and slept like a baby ;-)

Dante is probably the closest TBDer. Talked to a few friends about 50 miles away They got woken by moderate rumbling for 30 seconds, but no damage. In Napa the damage was to old brick or stone buildings(<1900).Thevast majority of the town was fine. Skateboarders were using the buckled roads for ramps and jumps. An example- the local WalMart was structurally fine, but everything came off the shelves.

Wow... I just read the story of the 14 year old that had the chimney fall on him. He said: "He probably should be dead and got lucky." He said when the rumbling started, he scootched towards the door, saving his life. He was sleeping over and pulled a mattress on the floor by the fireplace.

They also siad it moved towards the north... 180 degrees the other way, it would have been bigger trouble!