bonjour, mon nom est jacque

From the article:

In a speech via video link to political and business leaders in the Swiss resort of Davos, he said at least 10 billion dollars (7.7 billion euros) a year was needed -- up from six billion annually now -- to stem the spread of the disease.

Either that or have men keep their d*cks in their pants and needles out of their arms. That won't cost me a damn cent!

That will go along nicely with the $.17 per bag tax they want to add to your groceries in SF. Where will it end???

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

We're deciding where our money goes... down the toilet at the currency exchange!! Our money went from a value of 1.55 YTL to a dollar to 1.31 YTL to a dollar in 9 months... something's not right! :lol:

YTL=New Turkish Lira

We're deciding where our money goes... down the toilet at the currency exchange!! Our money went from a value of 1.55 YTL to a dollar to 1.31 YTL to a dollar in 9 months... something's not right! :lol:

YTL=New Turkish Lira

220752[/snapback]

As I recall, a gallon of milk, for example, has ranged between $1.89 and $2.69 for at least the last five years. I've received a raise in each of the last five years. So, my money is not going down the toilet.

The DOW was down in 2000 and 2001 (9/11), but it was up 25% in 2003 and it was up in 2004.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
As I recall, a gallon of milk, for example, has ranged between $1.89 and $2.69 for at least the last five years.  I've received a raise in each of the last five years.  So, my money is not going down the toilet.

The DOW was down in 2000 and 2001 (9/11), but it was up 25% in 2003 and it was up in 2004.

220792[/snapback]

When you are overseas, the fall of the dollar hurts a LOT... The difference between getting 1.5/1 vs 1.3/1 is:

$1500 converted

1.5x1500=2250 YTL

1.3x1500=1950 YTL

That is a 300 YTL loss in one month, which is a HUGE devaluation the more you have to convert to pay bills. I can't imagine what the guys stationed in Germany or Italy have to go through.. at least living expenses here are reasonable... paying in euros is REALLY a nightmare!

We're deciding where our money goes... down the toilet at the currency exchange!! Our money went from a value of 1.55 YTL to a dollar to 1.31 YTL to a dollar in 9 months... something's not right! :P

YTL=New Turkish Lira

220752[/snapback]

lol!

can't wait for my next summer US trip! God save the Euro!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

You are welcome here, but you might have to pay soon just to post here.. A PPP import tax sounds about right! :P