Obama Reverses Decades Old Policy/Training Libyan Pilots

3rdnlng

How can this help the U.S.?

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/08/obama-ignores-congress-lifts-ban-libyans-training-u-s-pilots-nuke-scientists/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=081314

"Less than two years after four Americans got massacred in a terrorist attack on the U.S. Special Mission in Benghazi, Libya the Obama administration is disregarding congressional opposition to lift a decades-old ban on Libyans attending flight schools and training as nuclear scientists in the United States.

The ban was implemented in 1983 after a wave of terrorist incidents involving Libyans. The African nation continues to be a hotbed of terrorism and in fact, the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli was recently evacuated because violence between rival militias has created a deadly environment. Many other foreign governments have also shut down their embassies in Libya because the violence has spread throughout the entire country.

Nevertheless, President Obama has discounted congressional opposition to let Libyans train as pilots, airplane mechanics and nuclear scientists in the United States. Perhaps the commander-in-chief has somehow forgotten that many of the 9/11 hijackers—mostly Saudi nationals—received their training in American flights schools because our government allowed it. Have we not learned that it’s a really bad idea to help our enemies obtain skills that could later be used to attack us?"

Regardless of what you think of lifting the ban, of of Benghazi...

What the !@#$ does Benghazi have to do with training Libyan pilots?

Loose connection--that's the type of people we are dealing with. When I read the article though that didn't really stand out to me. What stands out to me is that I wouldn't give any f'n airline training to anyone from that part of the world.

Loose connection--that's the type of people we are dealing with. When I read the article though that didn't really stand out to me. What stands out to me is that I wouldn't give any f'n airline training to anyone from that part of the world.

Extremely loose connection...Benghazi was attacked by people who were emphatically not Libyans. The only connection is "They're all sand !@#$s."

Lots of Muslims are trained to fly planes without turning kamikaze, by the way. Hell, the dirty little brown people even have airlines. Maybe Boeing should stop selling 777's to Emirates Airlines?

Extremely loose connection...Benghazi was attacked by people who were emphatically not Libyans. The only connection is "They're all sand !@#$s."

Lots of Muslims are trained to fly planes without turning kamikaze, by the way. Hell, the dirty little brown people even have airlines. Maybe Boeing should stop selling 777's to Emirates Airlines?

Maybe we should not buy or sell anything to them until they all learn to get along?