Let's talk running backs to change the qb conversation

The Jets are awful at rb... If you would've asked me who the top 3 were last month I would 've said 1. Seahawks 2. 49ers 3. Bills. Now after the 49ers bad luck I'd say, 1. Seahawks 2. Bills 3. Lions and an extra 4. Chargers. Depth and talent is the key. Top dogs like McCoy or Charles have 1 reliAble chAnge of pace or back up. I'd start any combination of our guys and be happy with it.

I dont know about awful.

Ivory was pretty good last year and Chris Johnson can hit the homerun any play.

No love for the eagles with Mccoy who is probably a top 3 back along with elusive Sproles who is probably a top 10 back (from San diego, to new orleans, to philly)

Very good point.

Kirk has a lot of potential. I agree. Way more than our qb backups right now.

However, that's giving up on Ej. You have to give him year 2 J. He did enough to keep his job at least year 2.

I actually dont view it as a immediate replacement for EJ......my big beef about bringing in talent is that its just not there to bring in......if your gonna replace tuel at least be a better replacement.....Cousins is a backup where he is at and he can back up here.....

CJ Spiller on the other hand is on a team with FOUR quality backs......

I dont know about awful.

Ivory was pretty good last year and Chris Johnson can hit the homerun any play.

No love for the eagles with Mccoy who is probably a top 3 back along with elusive Sproles who is probably a top 10 back (from San diego, to new orleans, to philly)

I'll admit Ivory came on stronger towards the end of the year, they are not what I would call good. As for sproles I think with Chip Kellys offense he could be a top 20 back and have some electric plays but I see McCoy carrying the load especially if he's shooting for 2000 yds. Sproles age is beginning to slow him down, Fred Ex... not so much. I truly think we have 3 top tier rbs in Spills, Jackson and Brown, while Booby is a #2 whose been stuck behind Gore and flavors of the draft(Harbaugh loves his rbs) during his time there.

Bills definitely have an elite RB group. Just Spiller and FJax alone put them in the top 5. Then add Bryce Brown and Anthony Dixon to address the weakest part of the running attack last season (short yardage) & you get an elite unit.

Spiller will be healthy and I can see him matching his 2012 season- 1200 yards. I'm not sure if he can average 6.0 ypc again but his career average is 5.1 ypc so he should be able to maintain that at around 200-250 carries. He is a home run hitter and forces the defense to account for him on every single play. I still can't believe how many people around here just want to give him away in a trade.. Players like Spiller do not grow on trees. This is a run first team & Spiller has the talent to be a top 5 RB.

Fred Jackson is Fred Jackson. He can do everything you ask & is the textbook example of "All-Around RB". More of a 1B at this point but is still a very good player. Great blocker as well

Bryce Brown is an exciting addition. Almost a combo of Spiller and Jackson: Big & physical @ 220 LBs with 4.40 speed. Put up back to back 160 yard performances last season in PHI when McCoy was sidelined with injuries. Hopefully he has a Jerry Hughes type season for us.

Anthony Dixon completes the unit with brute force. Will take care of short yardage and goalline situations which this offense has struggled with,

No way the Jets are even close. Chris Johnson is not CJ2K anymore; he's been used up by TEN and not the same back that put up 2000 yards. I will take Bryce Brown over Chris Ivory any day.

I would say only the Eagles and Seahawks can compete with the talent we have.

Bills have the potential to be the Best RB set in the league .

OC dream come true.

Maroone must be chomping to get this thing up and running as designed .

One thing i dont like about this time of year is developing continuity amongst the O line . and then the timing with RBs getting dialed in. as far as the RBs though. Give them a crease and they will run .

Very optimistic about all four of them and Frank dominating teams defenses . Fantastic transformation by Whaley to give Marrone some great pieces to move around.

Go Bills.

Good thread brother !

Edited by 3rdand12

Fred is getting old.

CJ is misused.

Brown and Dixon are untested.

Hard to argue that.

Fred looked good for the few plays he was in. How will he look game 10? Good point.

I wish Cj was utilzed like a Sproles. Sproles has had more yards in the air vs run yards since about 2008. Look it up. Almost double.

Cj can kill teams if he is used in space. I'm not sold on him up the middle for 2 yard gains...