Why would anyone trade for DB?

I just don't understand the rumors about trading DB to Dallas or anywhere else. If DB doesn't accept a big pay cut, he will be cut prior to March 2. Anyone can have him for free at that time. We don't have to cut him by that date, but that is the start of free agency and we would probably want his cap space to use on FA's.

I just don't understand the rumors about trading DB to Dallas or anywhere else.  If DB doesn't accept a big pay cut, he will be cut prior to March 2.  Anyone can have him for free at that time.  We don't have to cut him by that date, but that is the start of free agency and we would probably want his cap space to use on FA's.

218993[/snapback]

How about we pull a Drew...

Get him to sign a restructured deal with a big pay cut, and then tell him "This is my team", and trade his a_s. :D

I just don't understand the rumors about trading DB to Dallas or anywhere else.  If DB doesn't accept a big pay cut, he will be cut prior to March 2.  Anyone can have him for free at that time.  We don't have to cut him by that date, but that is the start of free agency and we would probably want his cap space to use on FA's.

218993[/snapback]

Trades have gone the way of the dinosaur. Look for Drew to compete for starting job and be a willing backup if he loses. :D

Trades have gone the way of the dinosaur.  Look for Drew to compete for starting job and be a willing backup if he loses. :D

218998[/snapback]

I agree with that scenario, though it will only happen if he agrees to take a pay cut.

DB will cause a huge bidding war between NFL teams. Cutting him lets him choose his destination. Teams will be disappointed after whining and dining DB and having nothing to show for it.

A trade is the only sure fire way that a team can guarantee that DB will be their QB.