Wow, Here's a Throwback Who Believes No Means No....

Times change too...

He's got 5 violations and is 73... Doesn't need the job. A family to feed w/that extra income? Why is he even working and collectinig SS? I know it is his right to earn extra income. Did they say how much he was collecting on SS to begin with? What he did before "retirement?" Good for him though. If anything, it does paint Cracker Barrel in a nit picky light. I am never going there again... I never really liked it anyway, corporate food/gift shop hustle @ its finest. Sounds like a sucky place to work.

Anyway about 40 years ago, my mother worked the midnight shift moonlighting @ Dunkin Dounuts (Union Rd. in Cheektowaga, near the airport)... They used to throw out all the messed up dounuts (ones that weren't cooked perfect) and she asked why they can't give them to the needy... They just wouldn't, I guess too much work. They were still perfectly good donuts. Anyway, before they hit the biz... She'd finish & pack them up and put them on the steps all our neighbors when returning home after her shift... The neighbors loved them! Glad Dunkin Donuts wasn't nit picky, probably good advertising/brand recognition. Just imagine if her employer treated her like Stojan for not exactly following the rules? Would anybody that knew her want to go to Dunkin Donuts? Same with this guy @ Cracker Barrel.

Something tells me this guy that worked @ Cracker Barrel is trying to get a point across. I don't think it is about him. By falling on the sword, IMO he gets the point across clearly: Avoid Cracker Barrel.

The probably didn't know what your mother was doing, and if they did, they likely would have prosecuted her to the fullest extent of the law. Case in point: a Dunkin Donuts local to me was doing exactly that, and their corporate offices found out. They revoked his franchise licence, and successfully sued him for everything he owned.

The probably didn't know what your mother was doing, and if they did, they likely would have prosecuted her to the fullest extent of the law. Case in point: a Dunkin Donuts local to me was doing exactly that, and their corporate offices found out. They revoked his franchise licence, and successfully sued him for everything he owned.

Maybe now. She still had to put together the messed up donuts, so that takes more product. There was always the left over, day old ones too... Which wouldn't have been a problem. This was 40 years ago... It's a lot more ticky tacky nowadays. Then again, corporate is corporate.

Like AD said above... No good deed goes unpunished.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Cracker Barrel sucks. They're overhyped, overpriced, and just ridiculous. I hope they get a lot of bad press from this.

Now, Taco Bell, that's the good stuff. But, if you're sweet and promise to put out, I'll take you to Arby's.

Lets use some critical thinking skills:

For what reasons might a national franchise eatery not want it's aged product distributed?

For what reasons might any eatery establish policies against giving away free food? Why might they feel it's a poor business policy to distribute food to vagrants during business hours?

Lets use some critical thinking skills:

For what reasons might a national franchise eatery not want it's aged product distributed?

For what reasons might any eatery establish policies against giving away free food? Why might they feel it's a poor business policy to distribute food to vagrants during business hours?

Of course that is obvious from the get go. But let it play it, if it becomes a problem it is easily corrected. Cracker Barrels aren't exactly located in prime vagrant areas. I don't buy the slippery slope argument of people all getting sick or the place becoming magnets for vagrants.

Honestly, he probably had heartburn w/their tciky tacky corporate blanket polices and he pushed it as far as it will go, got fired, did the honorable thing (because he is in position too) and hopefully they will get bad press and change their absurdly harsh policies like especially not giving minimum wage employees perks like free food. That is one way to go about instilling change: Kill them w/kindness. That's how I see it.

Good for him...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois