Biggest 2014 Draft Busts?

Barr will not be a bust. He won't be super productive early but give him a few years and he'll be a monster. A monster I tell you.

Bortles, Ebron, and Evans. Manziel will not be a good pro either but he'll have some initial success given his playmaking ability but he won't be able to sustain it. He might even be rookie of the year before he suffers a Vince Young like implosion on his career.

The only think preventing me from putting Clowney on the list is JJ Watt lined up on the same line as he is. I think Clowney would struggle mightily if teams doubled or chipped him but he won't see it as often as he would without a stud lined up near him. He'd be all world if he put in the work but I don't get the sense that he will.

agree with everything you said. Especially your I do on Barr. This guy is a monster IMO.

And I'm going to add Watkins on the list. Not that I dont want this kid to be successful. But the way people are hyping him up around here, you'd think this kid already won us a SuperBowl, cured Jim Kelly and single handedly kept the Bills in Buffalo.

Get a grip people. The kid hasn't even put on pads yet.

Edited by mrags

agree with everything you said. Especially your I do on Barr. This guy is a monster IMO.

And I'm going to add Watkins on the list. Not that I dont want this kid to be successful. But the way people are hyping him up around here, you'd think this kid already won us a SuperBowl, cured Jim Kelly and single handedly kept the Bills in Buffalo.

Get a grip people. The kid hasn't even put on pads yet.

Very fair point. Obviously I'm hoping for a multi-All-Pro career now that he's a Bill, but even before the draft I was very skeptical about him. I didn't really see much difference between his pre-draft hype, Justin Blackmon's, and Michael Crabtree's. (And CJ Spiller's, honestly -- I saw a lot of the same phrases in the threads for CJ & Sammy: #1 offensive player/weapon in the draft, elite talent, threat to score every play, etc.) Blackmon is looking like a bust, but probably more due to off-field issues than actual ability, once you factor in the horrible QB's he's had throwing to him. But he certainly hasn't made any of those QB's look like a stud, and hasn't really performed like an impact player aside from that one game. And that last part applies pretty well to Crabtree, too. Solid starter, not much more. If that's all Watkins turns into, then the trade to get him will certainly be a bust, because the Bills are counting on him being a top-tier WR.