This will get you excited about Sammy the person

Minus the hiccup his sophomore year, Sammy's been in the straight and narrow. Looks like he has great parents that raised him right. I like how they said they didn't try to hide him from what was going on. That had to be tough as parents, but it was the right thing to do.

His game is amazing and he sounds like a great kid. I can't wait to see him break his first long TD at the Ralph.

I love the way his stepdad refers to him throughout the video as his son. That is a man who did the right thing with another persons child. I give him a ton of respect for that alone. Add in the way they both chose the path of honest knowledge and guidance to a young person, showing them the consequences of choices, makes me believe in Sammy even more. He made his choices, and here we are.

I hope the very best for him and his family. I hope Sammy is able to get them out of the neighborhood, and up to Buffalo before Sept....

I can't wait for the home opener. I will be there. It will be the first game I go to where I don't drink any alcohol. I wonder if I'll enjoy the experience the same.

Here's to getting drunk off of TD's.

May I ask why you're not going to be drinking?

thank you for this. More and more I'm coming around. This video has me giddy. Not because of his status as a man or person. Not because of his highlights.

The one bit in the interview when he talked about his first touchdown at Clemson and how excited he was that he was able to do that. The thought of him getting addicted to touchdowns at Ralph Wilson Stadium is an awesome thought.

I'm blown away by Sammy Watkins. He is the total package. I've never been this impressed by a Bills' 1st round draft pick.

First off, he is one of the most explosive and gamebreaking WR's to come out in years - Ran 0-20 mph in 2.6 seconds. Finished nearly .5 seconds quicker in the change of direction route running drill then the average of this year's very deep WR class. That speed translates into a full yard advantage off the bat then what NFL CB's are expecting.

Thing is, he isn't just someone like Roscoe Parrish with a ton of speed but is fragile and goes down like its two hand touch. He has the size to bowl DB's over and has done so numerous times. He's at 212 lbs now and I wouldn't be surprised if they can get him closer to 220 without losing any speed. That size is what allows him to be effective on screens.

Then there is his demeanor. His coach called him the most humble Superstar he's ever coached. He's busted his ass to get where he is. Very smart and well spoken. Caused no trouble at his HS and had one minor slip up at Clemson but who didn't f up once or twice in college?? His coach praised his leadership on the sideline and says he is very in tune with his teammates during the game when they're on the sidelines; always communicating.

And one of my favorite things I've noticed: on his very first play at Clemson, 26 seconds into his 1st game, he took a screen pass to the house. That was impressive enough but I love the fact immediately after, he handed the ball right to ref. No show boating. Acted like he had been there before and scoring a TD wasn't winning the Super Bowl.

On top of that, he was asked during his PC what kind of car he was going to buy with big, fat bonus. A BMW? Porsche? Bentley?. Nope. He pretty much said he had some bills to pay and wanted to take care of his mother & make sure all I got that was squared away. Then he would see where he was at & decide what kind of car after all that.

I thought I was dreaming when I heard that. I can see why the Bills rated this kid so highly. Every single aspect of this kid is off the charts.

Edited by smapdi