Sammy gets double-teamed. Now, what?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all up to EJ. Manning would throw for over 5,000 yards with this team. We have plenty of weapons. It's about running the offense well. Firstly it's about getting into the right play and the right protection based on what you see in the defense. Then it's about making the right read once the ball is snapped. Then it's about delivering the ball effectively. If all these things happen, all of our offensive weapons will flourish. It's a tall order though.

That post pretty much qualifies you as a "hater."

Not at all. I liked Stieve --especailly after he grew up and stopped with the antics that hurt the team--- I think he played hard, was passionate and inspired his team mates to play hard.

Except in your example, EJ was in his first year on the circuit in the driver seat, had a brand new car that hadn't been tested yet, a lousy new pit crew with a few missing parts, with half the practice runs, and a gamey leg on the accelerator.

+100

It's all up to EJ. Manning would throw for over 5,000 yards with this team. We have plenty of weapons. It's about running the offense well. Firstly it's about getting into the right play and the right protection based on what you see in the defense. Then it's about making the right read once the ball is snapped. Then it's about delivering the ball effectively. If all these things happen, all of our offensive weapons will flourish. It's a tall order though.

One huge key factor in Manning throwing for 5,000 yards with this offense would be the play calling. We ran the ball more than any other team last year, if you are running the ball that much, you are eating clock, and not able to pass as much, restricting the yards your QB can throw for...

PS- I hope you were talking about Peyton manning and not Eli.... I'm confident that Eli could find a way to throw 30 INT's with our current roster...