Ray of hope

justnzane

SB.

Thank you Notre Dame and Cleveland for swiping away the coordinators from them obnoxious Pasties fans.

Without those coordinators, Belichick's teams will have to adjust to new schemes and new methods of coaching. It can be argued that belichick will not be able to upgrade over Weis and Crennel. Plus, The Pasties will not be able to retain such depth forever as some are bound to retire and others will look for more greenbacks. Also, injuries will occur making this depth more important. The Bills should be able to play the Pasties pretty well next year as long as Drew doesn't fall apart (a big ?) or concede the season away to the development of JPL.

Just remember that next year anything could happen, like brady just turning crappy ala Mark Rypien.

Christ Dallas made it to and won the SB with Barry Switzer. Don't fool yourselves into thinking they are going to go away.

216048[/snapback]

Where it will show up, maybe, is when guys start leaving and the Patriots have to bring in new clowns to backfill their roster -- a couple years down the road, who knows? Charlie and Romeo are able to coach up any scrub that BB hands them. I mean they take a guy out of a classroom and he's instantly a solid nickel back helping you get to the Super Bowl? Unreal!

Where it will show up, maybe, is when guys start leaving and the Patriots have to bring in new clowns to backfill their roster -- a couple years down the road, who knows?  Charlie and Romeo are able to coach up any scrub that BB hands them.  I mean they take a guy out of a classroom and he's instantly a solid nickel back helping you get to the Super Bowl?  Unreal!

216061[/snapback]

whoa! Hey - how are you doing???? :devil:

SB.

Thank you Notre Dame and Cleveland for swiping away the coordinators from them obnoxious Pasties fans.

Without those coordinators, Belichick's teams will have to adjust to new schemes and new methods of coaching. It can be argued that belichick will not be able to upgrade over Weis and Crennel. Plus, The Pasties will not be able to retain such depth forever as  some are bound to retire and others will look for more greenbacks. Also, injuries will occur making this depth more important. The Bills should be able to play the Pasties pretty well next year as long as Drew doesn't fall apart (a big ?) or concede the season away to the development of JPL.

Just remember that next year anything could happen, like brady just turning crappy ala Mark Rypien.

216007[/snapback]

Whatever gets you through the night, sparky.

The loss of Weis will hurt the Patriots the most, but it still won't be a fatal blow. Obviously, BB depends more on others to design his offense than he does for the defense. If someone has a better picture of Crennel's and BB's respective role in the defensive game-planning and play-calling please let me know.

My main question is how the heck did New England only win 9 games in 2002??

The loss of Weis will hurt the Patriots the most, but it still won't be a fatal blow. Obviously, BB depends more on others to design his offense than he does for the defense. If someone has a better picture of Crennel's and BB's respective role in the defensive game-planning and play-calling please let me know.

My main question is how the heck did New England only win 9 games in 2002??

216089[/snapback]

I don't think the losses will hurt much. From what I understand - BB let's his OC/DC game plan while he studies film for tendencies, etc... BB then goes around to every player and gives him the 2-3 items that will make them successful that week. THIS is where the separation from the rest of the league occurs. BB's success in passing along useful bits of info that puts his players in a position to make plays.

I'm good.  And you? 

Tough year for the underdogs. :lol:

PS: I see I've been fired. :lol:

216098[/snapback]

Hanging in there. New job last summer, new baby, new server, lot's of grief. :devil:

You must have missed our million dollar hand shake meeting!

I don't think the losses will hurt much.  From what I understand - BB let's his OC/DC game plan while he studies film for tendencies, etc...  BB then goes around to every player and gives him the 2-3 items that will make them successful that week.  THIS is where the separation from the rest of the league occurs.  BB's success in passing along useful bits of info that puts his players in a position to make plays.

216095[/snapback]

I don't completely disagree, but Weis has really been more than your average OC over the past several years. I do think Weis's leadership, and not just on offense, is going to be felt. Maybe BB will find another strong leader that he can work as well with as he has with CW -- we'll have to wait and see. I don't think BB just appears acerbic and laconic in interviews; but, more that that is his true temperment.