Big Ben = Rookie

The minute I saw Ben's eyes in the pre-game warmup, I knew it was all over. I'd seen that same look too many times on Jimbo's face in the four SBs. Tighter than a drum, afraid to make a mistake....

He'll have a great career, so all the trash talk on TSW today is just BS by the same folks who'd love to have him in a Bills uniform if the Steelers hadn't picked him first. :devil:

He's been a starter for almost 20 games now. Yeah, he's a rookie, but you don't expect him to play like total crap after that many starts, which is exactly how he's played the last two weeks against two good teams.

For the record, I had a bad feeling about Roethlisberger prior to the draft and did not want the Bills to select him. While he may make a believer out of me yet, at this point, I would still opt for our first round picks 10 times out of 10 instead of Roethlisberger.

The minute I saw Ben's eyes in the pre-game warmup, I knew it was all over.  I'd seen that same look too many times on Jimbo's face in the four SBs. 

215782[/snapback]

Excuse me?

I believe it's called "deer in the headlights."  It got progessively worse with each SB loss.

215817[/snapback]

I don't see what your talking about ........I mean of course anyone is going to be nervous but he is still learning.........give the kid a break

I believe it's called "deer in the headlights."  It got progessively worse with each SB loss.

215817[/snapback]

Um, I'm sorry......but Jim Kelly never once in his career had a deer in the headlights look about him. He was a tough, rugged son of a bi*ch with no fear. How dare you......Everyone knows that our token honky in the secondary was why we lost the super bowls.........Your asss should be banned from this board for speaking about Jimbo in such a manner.

Patented by Dan Marino in big games, though Peyton Manning is closing fast. :devil:

215827[/snapback]

That's the truth.......no wonder why Marino had it........isn't he the one who snapped his achilles tendon just by dropping back on a grass field? In fact, not only did Marino have the deer in the headlights look, did you ever see what that guy would do during the run back after he threw a pick? It was like someone sprayed Marino repellent onto the other player. When Jimbo threw a pick he'd try and run your ass down!

Um, I'm sorry......but Jim Kelly never once in his career had a deer in the headlights look about him.

215822[/snapback]

I believe you are correct. Jim's eye were bloodshot from partying all week, so they couldn't have that "in the headlights" look to them. :devil:

That was Marino's patented OLE! move. :devil:

215849[/snapback]

lol, oh that's right, I forgot there was an actual term for it lol Hell, Jimbo wasn't much faster than Marino.......but I'll be damned if Jimbo didn't try and catch your asss anyway.......and by God if you ever ran into him, Jimbo would take ya down!

I believe you are correct.  Jim's eye were bloodshot from partying all week, so they couldn't have that  "in the headlights" look to them. :devil:

215853[/snapback]

Well there may be some accuracy to the first part of that statement.........but Jimbo wasn't scared of anything.

Well there may be some accuracy to the first part of that statement.........but Jimbo wasn't scared of anything.

215860[/snapback]

I'm not questioning Jim's manhood...his biggest fear was of failure, never anything physical. He put too much pressure on himself and never could relax and make good decisions.

I had season tickets for Jim's whole career and went to SB XXVI, so I saw as much of his play as anyone. Jim's biggest weakness was never, ever toughness...it was an inability to play within himself when the whole world was watching.

In a sense, he was always playing two opponents--the other team and the self-imposed pressure he put on himself to be the "difference maker."

I'm not questioning Jim's manhood...his biggest fear was of failure,

215906[/snapback]

Not to burst your bubble, but EVERY HUMAN BEING on the planets biggest fear is failure. Jim is human just like everyone else, but one hell of an NFL QB.

Not to burst your bubble, but EVERY HUMAN BEING on the planets biggest fear is failure.  Jim is human just like everyone else, but one hell of an NFL QB.

216003[/snapback]

No kidding. But if you look at the most successful QBs (or people in general), they all have an uncany ability to handle pressure. Starr, Montana, Brady...they all had/have that intangible "something" that enabled them to see things clearly and stay on an even keal, even in the most stressful situations.

Jimbo was a terrific warrior who provided a world of great memories during his run. But he wanted to succeed so bad that he was his own worst enemy---like MOST human beings on the planet.