Aaron Donald - DT

I agree with your opinion about Donald, however, there are a couple problems with this scenario. First, I am starting to doubt that Donald will still be on the board at 9. Second, Marrone has said over and over that they want to get more weapons for EJ to work with. To me, that sounds like they won't use their first pick on a defender. I hope I'm wrong, though.

These are my concerns too. I would love Donald. I think he has a very high floor (at worst he is going to be a solid, long-term pro) and a pretty sweet ceiling (difference maker, perennial pro-bowler). Great character. Great production. Great speed/strength measurables.

I don't think he'll be there at 9, though. I could see several of the teams ahead of us grabbing him, or someone trading up with Oakland/Tampa/Minnesota. If he does happen to be there at 9, I would take him, but I think we would also be in prime position to trade down with someone like Chicago or Dallas.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your opinion about Donald, however, there are a couple problems with this scenario. First, I am starting to doubt that Donald will still be on the board at 9. Second, Marrone has said over and over that they want to get more weapons for EJ to work with. To me, that sounds like they won't use their first pick on a defender. I hope I'm wrong, though.

I think the biggest threat to take him is Minnesota at 8 now that Zimmer is the coach.

I think the biggest threat to take him is Minnesota at 8 now that Zimmer is the coach.

Or Tampa. But both teams need a QB badly and 7 or 8 might not be too high to take one.