Seinfeld DVDs

linksfiend

So I just started into the DVDs last night when I notice Jerry is drinking regular coffee in the first episode. But I remember in the Prognosis Negative episode when Elaine and George talk about how Jerry doesn't drink caffeine. So slight discrepancy there.

Anyhow, who else has seen them yet? What extras or commentary did you like?

i don't think they specified that jerry was drinking regular coffee...just that george couldn't have regular...no word on what jerry was drinking

213596[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure the waitress filled his cup up with the regular pot then George's with the other pot.

If you notice in the first episodes Jerry's dad also changes quite a bit .....and George is said to have a brother, but we never hear about him again

213702[/snapback]

yeah, his brother impregnated some woman, and thats all we know about him.

Larry David was also the guy in the cape seen with George's father later on.

214107[/snapback]

I believe he's also the guy in the science-fiction movie that Jerry watches one night... wakes up the next day, wants to use it in his stand-up but can't remember it.

I believe he's also the guy in the science-fiction movie that Jerry watches one night... wakes up the next day, wants to use it in his stand-up but can't remember it.

214109[/snapback]

Good catch, I never even considered that.

"Like flaming globes!!!!"

Okay,  here is one...

Jerry's apartment is clearly a studio in the first episode.  The apartment stays the same, but miraculously becomes a one bedroom later on.

214098[/snapback]

Easy -- the first episode was a pilot. Not alot of the ideas survived when the series was picked up by NBC almost a year later. Elaine's character was brought in, the cafe waitress was dropped, Michael Richard's character was changed from Kessler to Kramer, and Jerry's apartment set up was changed. Alot of the changes are discussed in the extras on the DVD.

214109[/snapback]

Larry David also provides the voice for George Steinbrenner...

In one of the early episodes the gang was talking about showering and Kramer said he doesn't take showers, he takes baths.

In one of the later episodes, The lo-flo shower heads episode, Kramer all the sudden was a shower freak and lamented about the fact that he HAD to take a bath cause the new lo-flo showerheads weren't strong enough.

In one of the early episodes the gang was talking about showering and Kramer said he doesn't take showers, he takes baths.

In one of the later episodes, The lo-flo shower heads episode, Kramer all the sudden was a shower freak and lamented about the fact that he HAD  to take a bath cause the new lo-flo showerheads weren't strong enough.

214228[/snapback]

Good one, but we can at least sort of explain that one away because Kramer has new goofy ideas every week.

Also the guy who says "Is anybody a marine biologist?"

214224[/snapback]

:blink: What an episode!

I also recall one where LD was counting out a boxer on television.

I can't wait until Season Four comes out - those episodes are the creme de la creme.

"let's get out of here.."

SEINFELD PARTY OF 4.....

haha that episode was great

214211[/snapback]

"I call out name"

"Costanza?,

"Yes, Cartright, you no answer, She say dirty word, hang up...."