C.J. Mosley or Khalil Mack

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Yolo on this. I saw Mack about 5 times this year and thought that he was outstanding. On that defense he faced constant double teams (often with a back chipping). The guy is all over the field. In addition, I have yet to see a credible draft expert that has him outside of the top 8.

I've seen almost every Mac game at UB and I would be all aboard if it weren't for his last two games. Why am I changing my mind over two games? Because they were the two biggest games in UB history and he did next to nothing in them.

It reminded me too much of Manti Te'o. He was such a slam dunk stud coming out of Notre Dame. Just don't pay attention to how he played in the BCS championship. Is he a stud in the NFL?

Then on top of this Mack skips the Senior Bowl. First I'm a little mad at him because it's an honor that hasn't been bestowed on a UB player in decades (if ever.) Coming from a mid-major conference I think it's important to show that you can play at the level of your draft peers, even in exhibition.

If he has a good pro day (which will be at the RWS field house) and good combine then the buzz is sure to rise on Mack again. I'm not saying he's not any good. Just saying there's good reason to evaluate him deeper.

PTR

I've seen almost every Mac game at UB and I would be all aboard if it weren't for his last two games. Why am I changing my mind over two games? Because they were the two biggest games in UB history and he did next to nothing in them.

It reminded me too much of Manti Te'o. He was such a slam dunk stud coming out of Notre Dame. Just don't pay attention to how he played in the BCS championship. Is he a stud in the NFL?

Then on top of this Mack skips the Senior Bowl. First I'm a little mad at him because it's an honor that hasn't been bestowed on a UB player in decades (if ever.) Coming from a mid-major conference I think it's important to show that you can play at the level of your draft peers, even in exhibition.

If he has a good pro day (which will be at the RWS field house) and good combine then the buzz is sure to rise on Mack again. I'm not saying he's not any good. Just saying there's good reason to evaluate him deeper.

PTR

I think that they are different players. Te'o is an instinctual LB that has a nose for the football but by no means the physical talent that Mack is. Te'o fell throughout his last year because his athleticism got exposed. Mack did not play as well in those last couple games because of the gameplan. He was doubled and tripled and they ran away from him. UB lacked talent so teams could do that. I am assuming that Mack will test well (although k-9 said that some teams are curious about his first step). I don't think that scouts will worry too much about those last couple of games (especially as they go back to the tape). He has a great motor, production and athleticism.

PTR

Two very different types of LBs... but Teo was hurt all of training camp and missed a good part of the season. He played well for the games he was in - he fits their system perfectly, as did Kiko in ours (Pettine's). Chargers traded up to take him, and ahead of Kiko. But I have not seen Mack projected beneath the top 10 and even those who also crticized him not playing in the Sr Bowl say it is not likely to impact his draft position, I believe that is why agents will advise certain players not to play in it, if they can't improve their position by doing so (like Carlos Hyde). Mack was already rated so high, he didn't need to and to do so could only negatively impact his draft status.

Edited by YoloinOhio