JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf

bufffan031

Just wondering who everyone thinks is the bigger bust. It's hard to say. I would say because Russell was a number one overall pick and the raiders could have taken anyone and passed on Calvin Johnson that he was the bigger bust. The Chargers were gonna take whoever the Colts didn't take and Leaf was labeled as a can't miss prospect so u can't really blame them at the time. What does everyone think? Just thought it would be a fun question to ask

Jamarcus without a doubt. The Raiders are still recovering. He was supposed to be the next big thing and was already a man made of myths before he touched the field. I can remember hearing stories about him throwing 80 yards down the field taking a knee. I'm still surprised no-one was desperate enough to give him another shot. Chasing intangibles...

Jamarcus. 1- because he went number 1, as opposed to being the fallback option after manning went one. 2- because Leaf was recognized at the time he was drafted as a boom - bust prospect. Jamarcus was sold as pretty much a sure thing.

I wish a team would take another shot on JaMarcus.

I remember reading during the off season that he's been working out and is in decent shape. He also hasn't been sippin on sizzurp. It would be a great story of redemption.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-06-08/jamarcus-russell-chicago-bears-workout-not-likely-to-sign-raiders-2007-bust-2013