TD Recap...

1) Stated that he will make decisions at qb and rb within the next FEW WEEKS.

2) Said the veterans not wanting a rookie was a concern, but that veterans wanted Travis before Willis performed.

3) Thinks highly of Drew and JP.

4) team beat itself vs Pitt.

All in all, it didn't sound that great for Drew. At least that was my spin.

March Free Agency should be interesting. If Bledsoe leaves, finding another backup QB is a must. I don't know if Shane Matthews is coming back.

212046[/snapback]

Well that's it Mark. I cannot imagine going into a season with any untested qb without someone to fall back on.

JP has a lot to prove.

1) Stated that he will make decisions at qb and rb within the next FEW WEEKS.

2) Said the veterans not wanting a rookie was a concern, but that veterans wanted Travis before Willis performed.

3) Thinks highly of Drew and JP.

4) team beat itself vs Pitt.

All in all, it didn't sound that great for Drew. At least that was my spin.

212035[/snapback]

Sorry Bill but I still think this is the best move for the Bills.

The McGahee move worked as did the McGee move IMO, he isnt an all pro YET.

Evans proved that is you give him the damn ball you will reap the rewards.

I think TD thinks its now Losmans turn. No matter how you feel about Drew, the stats dont lie and he was pretty mediocre overall and pretty bad against good teams.

Im sure TD thinks that JP can AT LEAST be as good as Drew, and has the upside to be much better. Why not make the lateral which could end up being an upgrade?

Did I mention that we end up saving cap cash?

Well that's it Mark. I cannot imagine going into a season with any untested qb without someone to fall back on.

JP has a lot to prove.

212049[/snapback]

Agreed. Signing a Vet with some starting experience is certainly a priority. I'm sure TD has an idea who will cut soon, due to cap considerations ( bonuses ).

Like I said, I hope DB takes a paycut to stay and at least be a fallback option should JPL not be able to cut it. That would be the ideal situation, since cutting him would put a big dead money hit on the cap for a player no longer there. If they can get something in a trade, I'd consider that as well, but it would have to be a 1st day pick.