My Bills Offense 2014

Replace Hackett at OC with vet OC. He's just not good enough.

Trade Byrd for two high draft picks.

Trade or release St. Johnson. He's unreliable, injury-prone, and paid too

Need a big RB for short yardage situations.

Sign or draft a stud NT, a pass rushing OLB, and a FS to replace Byrd.

Sign a vet CB and draft another CB.

Sure, let get go of one of our best players in Byrd, and create a hole... just keep adding to your long list of what the Bills need to do. It's not your money: the Bills need to field the best team possible and part of that has to do with continuity. You want players to sign here? Then show them that you will pay them for being good players, like Byrd. Who will replace Stevie Johnson? You want to get rid of proven production and bring in an unknown? Or are you banking on TJ Graham, Woods, and a seemingly always hurt Goodwin to become an elite receiving core? Hire a new OC and digress in terms of continuity in the offense, thereby affecting a young quarterback who could use some stability, especially since he did not play a full season..? How do you know this "vet" OC will be miles better than Hackett? Acquiring 2 CBs? What for? Will they see the field at all? Is there any apparent need, other than the fact that injuries decimated our secondary early in the season?

It is unrealistic that any team can accomplish all the goals you have set. You are setting yourself up for disappointment in this manner (and I condensed your post and deleted more of your suggestions, too!) We have plenty of cap room. We can retain our talent and spend pragmatically. It is important to attempt to improve every position, but that doesn't mean tossing players to the street because of injury concerns, a down year, etc. That is only running around in circles in the name of "having cap space," which by the way, will garner complaints that "Ralph/Whaley is cheap," etc. Look at the 5 teams with the most cap space.. and tell me they aren't riddled in mediocrity. I'm not suggesting anything here..

I saw no mention of OL. Do you consider CB to be more of a weakness on this team than OL? I think you need to prioritize, man.

Edited by Sumin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Bills offense would require pulling off a few MIRACLE trades. I'd have Brady at QB, Marshawn Lynch at running back, Megatron, AJ Greem. and T.Y. Hilton as my recievers, Jimmy Graham at tight end, and the Patriots offensive line. What do you think? I wouldn't even need a defense. I could put a high school defense out there because they would only have to stop the other team on one series.

As far as stevie and chandler go, I would like them to stay. Believe it or not, we can have more than one at each position. Bring in a TE, and if he is better than Chandler, it opens up two TE sets, and we don't have to tip our hat to run or pass. Right now, without SJ13, who starts next to Woods? Nobody on our roster now. Definitely keep bringing in weapons, but make them beat out guy. You can't cut guys just to cut them..... Because you don't like them.( good players too)

Do draft an heir to Fred. CJ should be a (significant) role player: split wide, two backs, slot.... Like R. Bush or sproles. Everywhere. Create mismatches with him. But bring in a guy to play behind Fred specifically.

Keep drafting QB's. Just not high. Take one you like later. I'm not an EJ fan, but he should be the starter next training camp. Find a raw, hungry guy who likes to compete.(anybody have guys like this in their sights?)