Tajh Boyd

Estro

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean I be a naysayer but I have seen a ton of Murray living in SEC country and think the exact opposite. I am not sure that he has all of the tools but I love the way that he plays in big games. He has guts.

I guess I go with what I see on tv. It seems when there are shots of Murray on the sideline (every 10 seconds), he seems rather introverted. I don't need a cheerleader, but someone who motivates his team would be nice.

Again, just my opinion.

Honestly not a fan of Murray. He doesn't exude leadership, in my opinion. Georgia seems to lose a lot of big games.

Delete Georgia insert Tennessee and you've got the criticism of Peyton Manning coming out. Murray's not Manning but someone is going to get a massive bargain because he's smaller than people would like and coming off the knee. Watch Hoody snag him.

Keep acquiring talent at the QB position and eventually you'll find a keeper, much like Pete Carroll has done with the Seahawks. So you took a QB high last year, that means you can't take another one high this year? None sense. This team has not had a franchise signal caller in 15 years, and we're supposed to hand the keys over to EJ Manuel based on his potential. No way, I don't subscribe to that philosophy. It's that philosophy that has earned us 0 playoff appearances in a decade and a half. For all those who want to draft a LB or an OL or a big WR or a TE with our 1st or 2nd round pick, let me ask how many extra wins will that get us in 2014? 1 maybe? Maybe we become a 7-8 team. Because a good QB gets you and extra 4 wins right off the rip. I'm all for continually drafting signal callers high until you're certain you've got your guy. There's no way anyone can sit here and say that EJ showed enough to know he will succeed. Not saying he won't, but I'm not clinging all my hope on a guy who looked average at best.

The rookie wage scale makes it affordable to draft QB's, all the more reason to draft them early and often until you're certain you've got a good one.

Keep acquiring talent at the QB position and eventually you'll find a keeper, much like Pete Carroll has done with the Seahawks. So you took a QB high last year, that means you can't take another one high this year? None sense. This team has not had a franchise signal caller in 15 years, and we're supposed to hand the keys over to EJ Manuel based on his potential. No way, I don't subscribe to that philosophy. It's that philosophy that has earned us 0 playoff appearances in a decade and a half. For all those who want to draft a LB or an OL or a big WR or a TE with our 1st or 2nd round pick, let me ask how many extra wins will that get us in 2014? 1 maybe? Maybe we become a 7-8 team. Because a good QB gets you and extra 4 wins right off the rip. I'm all for continually drafting signal callers high until you're certain you've got your guy. There's no way anyone can sit here and say that EJ showed enough to know he will succeed. Not saying he won't, but I'm not clinging all my hope on a guy who looked average at best.

The rookie wage scale makes it affordable to draft QB's, all the more reason to draft them early and often until you're certain you've got a good one.

I completely agree the league has made it impossible to win without solid QB play. There is simply no point in drafting anything else UNTIL you have the guy you can build around for 15 years as your centerpiece.

Not to put too fine a point on it, we set a team record for sacks, drafted no worse than the 2nd best rookie in the draft, signed the best UDFA, and had the #2 running game in the league. And we won exactly the same number of games as the year before when we had none of those things. And the same as the year before that.

The Bills have had one winning record since their last playoff appearance, not coincidentally that is also the only year of those that they outscored their opponents over the course of the season. Our defenses have gone up and down in quality, we've had a quality running back or backs the ENTIRE 14 years. We've had decent WRs most of the time. What we've lacked and continue to lack is a QB. Fix that problem and everything can change, until then it's shuffling the deck chairs.

I completely agree the league has made it impossible to win without solid QB play. There is simply no point in drafting anything else UNTIL you have the guy you can build around for 15 years as your centerpiece.

I'd argue, on the contrary, there is no point in drafting guys who clearly don't have much of a future when you need to fill a 53 man roster. You can't will franchise QBs into being just by selecting a lot of players at the position. The chances increase, sure, but you also want to give the guys you have a chance. You also need a line that isn't going to get the guy killed, and some weapons for him to use. You also need a run defense. You can see where I'm going with all this.

I think this QB is capable of solid play. He has much to prove next year.

I'd argue, on the contrary, there is no point in drafting guys who clearly don't have much of a future when you need to fill a 53 man roster. You can't will franchise QBs into being just by selecting a lot of players at the position. The chances increase, sure, but you also want to give the guys you have a chance. You also need a line that isn't going to get the guy killed, and some weapons for him to use. You also need a run defense. You can see where I'm going with all this.

I think this QB is capable of solid play. He has much to prove next year.

You can buy every one of those other pieces on the open market if need be. You can very very rarely buy a franchise QB. You obviously need most of the things to win a Super Bowl but if you have no QB the other things don't matter. The QB is the golden ticket to being competitive.

IMO - Manuel has done nothing to warrant the Bills NOT drafting another QB to come in and compete for the job.

You can buy every one of those other pieces on the open market if need be. You can very very rarely buy a franchise QB. You obviously need most of the things to win a Super Bowl but if you have no QB the other things don't matter. The QB is the golden ticket to being competitive.

IMO - Manuel has done nothing to warrant the Bills NOT drafting another QB to come in and compete for the job.

Honestly, you could make a strong arguemtn that the Bills took the guy with no future LAST year when they took a 4th round QB in round one out of need. This year and next have much better prospects and refusing to choose one while we still have a giant question mark at QB is risking 2 more years of stagnation and frankly that puts the franchise in jeopardy at this point.

Tajh Boyd is already and will continue to be a better QB than EJ Manuel when he gets to the NFL. He keeps his eyes downfield when under pressure and delivers the ball accurately to his receivers. He's also shown the fearlessness to test defenses deep, which I like. Once again, this kid has a lot to work on, but if drafted by the Bills he'd be the best QB on our roster come September 2014. Question is will he be a 1st rounder or not?

If you could have one player on the Bills right now who would you rather have.................Boyd or Watkins?

Edited by Estro

Tajh Boyd is already and will continue to be a better QB than EJ Manuel when he gets to the NFL. He keeps his eyes downfield when under pressure and delivers the ball accurately to his receivers. He's also shown the fearlessness to test defenses deep, which I like. Once again, this kid has a lot to work on, but if drafted by the Bills he'd be the best QB on our roster come September 2014. Question is will he be a 1st rounder or not?

If you could have one player on the Bills right now who would you rather have.................Boyd or Watkins?

Watkins.

I hope that assessment is based on more than the guy's showing against the Buckeye D.

I like Boyd but I saw things I liked from Manuel in college too.

What we've lacked and continue to lack is a QB. Fix that problem and everything can change, until then it's shuffling the deck chairs.

Honestly, you could make a strong arguemtn that the Bills took the guy with no future LAST year when they took a 4th round QB in round one out of need. This year and next have much better prospects and refusing to choose one while we still have a giant question mark at QB is risking 2 more years of stagnation and frankly that puts the franchise in jeopardy at this point.

I know you're on a roll but a little factual information is probably in order here.

According to this list, EJ Manuel just completed (statistically) the 10th best rookie season by any rookie QB since 1992. His 77.7 passer rating puts him between Jeff Garcia and Carson Palmer.

http://www.sportingc...t-20-years.aspx

FWIW, here's what happened last year when EJ went head to head with Tajh Boyd.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322660052

EJ led Florida State from deficits 3 times in the Seminoles victory.

EJ was clearly the better QB that night, head-to-head.