How much faith do you have in M & M?

Gerry

I never believe hype anyways. But I do think it's been a long time since the Bills have had this much individual talent on the roster. They have legit pro bowl talent on almost every level on the team.

The 2012 Chiefs had several pro bowlers and managed to go 2-14. Certainly a big part of that was QB, but individual talent isn't getting teams over the top unless it includes the QB position, which happens to be the greatest force multiplier on a football field. Having individual talent at G, C, S, RB, LB is nice, but it's not typically winning games.

I don't think the game has changed from being able to throw the ball, protect the guy throwing it, and get after your opponents guy throwing it.

Agree on basically everything but Spiller. He had a terrible injury and tried to gut it out. He still is explosive as any rb in the NFL. You need Jackson but Spiller was misused. He needs to be catching passes and used like Thurman.

This makes two separate NFL coaching staffs that have "misused" Spiller. And if you count how Clemson used him, it could be argued 3 staffs. He's frequently nicked up and while he does gut these injuries out, it's always going to prevent him from getting more touches. And yet, Hackett isn't a fan of using Spiller in the passing game, as evidenced by his 33 catches in 15 games.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2012 Chiefs had several pro bowlers and managed to go 2-14. Certainly a big part of that was QB, but individual talent isn't getting teams over the top unless it includes the QB position, which happens to be the greatest force multiplier on a football field. Having individual talent at G, C, S, RB, LB is nice, but it's not typically winning games.

I don't think the game has changed from being able to throw the ball, protect the guy throwing it, and get after your opponents guy throwing it.

This makes two separate NFL coaching staffs that have "misused" Spiller. And if you count how Clemson used him, it could be argued 3 staffs. He's frequently nicked up and while he does gut these injuries out, it's always going to prevent him from getting more touches. And yet, Hackett isn't a fan of using Spiller in the passing game, as evidenced by his 33 catches in 15 games.

Agreed on the first part. Marrone, Manuel, and Hackett need to be better in the 2nd year. They all made rookie mistakes. But with the expection of 3 games (Pitt, TB, 1st Jets), the team was fairly well coached in every game.

And in 2012, Spiller was used right and was a beast. He had 100+ on one of the best defenses in the NFL in Carolina. In 2012, he averaged 10 yards a catch, which is amazing for a rb. At the same time, we have another very talented rb in Jackson. Both guys deserve touches. IMO, he is a better pure runner than Reggie Bush. He just needs to be used more in the passing game and most importantly, stay healthy.