• Tom Coughlin- NYGiants
    • Jason Garrett-Dallas
    • Joe Philbin-Miami
    • Wade Phillips Interim HC-Houston
    • Greg Schiano-Tampa Bay
    • other
    • Rob Chudzinski- Cleveland

@JasonLaCanfora

Four teams requested permission to interview Jay Gruden shortly after CIN loss last night, sources said - Skins, Vikings, Lions and Titans

@RapSheet

Is this the year for Mike Zimmer? The #Bengals veteran DC plans to interview with the #Redskins and the #Vikings, per 2 sources.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JasonLaCanfora

Four teams requested permission to interview Jay Gruden shortly after CIN loss last night, sources said - Skins, Vikings, Lions and Titans

Ridiculous.

Absolutely ridiculous. There are a reason teams never get out of their slumps and guys like Jay Gruden are a part of that. If as OC it is not as bad as it would be for HC. The league needs to get off of these names that have been around since the 90's and develop better coaches then this standard copy and paste coaching MO.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Gruden.

Obviously (Thanks Doug!) the family name is an asset.

On top of that Jay Gruden has built a solid reputation.

On the downside he's currently being scrutinized for his advocacy of Andy Dalton over Kaepernick and Mallete. The leaks of these stories and their timing makes me think that he's on his way out in Cinci.

However if the Bengals are greasing the skids a bit, that lowers Gruden's leverage as he seeks a head position.

I wonder if he could be Ron Rivera'd.

Ridiculous.

Absolutely ridiculous. There are a reason teams never get out of their slumps and guys like Jay Gruden are a part of that. If as OC it is not as bad as it would be for HC. The league needs to get off of these names that have been around since the 90's and develop better coaches then this standard copy and paste coaching MO.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Gruden.

Obviously (Thanks Doug!) the family name is an asset.

On top of that Jay Gruden has built a solid reputation.

On the downside he's currently being scrutinized for his advocacy of Andy Dalton over Kaepernick and Mallete. The leaks of these stories and their timing makes me think that he's on his way out in Cinci.

However if the Bengals are greasing the skids a bit, that lowers Gruden's leverage as he seeks a head position.

I wonder if he could be Ron Rivera'd.

@washingtonpost

It looks like the Redskins want Jay Grunden as coach, but they're not alone http://wapo.st/1afzaua

pic.twitter.com/oicya4SQKT

PFT: Coaching/G.M. search update for January 12

Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2014, 6:15 AM EST

Another day, another update of the various coaching and G.M. vacancies.

Sort of.

With three coaching jobs filled and four remaining along with a pair of G.M. gigs, here are the latest developments since the last time we updated the status of the various search processes.

Update, Ken Whisenhunt hired by the Titans. Good for him, as I like the guy and think he will do well in Tennessee.

I have to wonder how Fitz will fit into this new team, and how will Chris Johnson do with Wis running things?

Lovie Smith as the new Bucs HC. Former Vikings HC Leslie Frazier is their new DC

Bill O'Brian as the new Texans HC.

Jay Gruden as the Redskins new HC...any bets he doesn't last two years?

Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota all still looking for a new head coach---see below

update:

"Panthers have a decision to make on Ron Rivera"

http://profootballta...-on-ron-rivera/

Update: Tuesday 1/14: Lions hire Jim Caldwell as their new HC :sick:

1/15 Looks like Wis will hire Ray Horton away from the Browns to be his new DC in Tennessee

Edited by FeartheLosing