(OT) New show premiers tonight

Fezmid

sounds dumb to me

211548[/snapback]

It kinda does, but because Marti Noxon worked on it, I think it might be good. She's done some *amazing* shows in the past. You should check it out; what's an hour?

CW

Wait, is this about Point Pleasant, New Jersey!?!?!?!?!

211612[/snapback]

No, but that's the setting. I should find teh link that really talks about the show...

Basic preimse is there's this girl who is born from Satan and a mortal woman. She doesn't know her heritage. She falls off a cruise ship (or the ship crashes, or something), and she is rescued in Point Pleasant. Things start going crazy after that.

It's billed as a cross between Twin Peaks and The Omen. We shall see.

Here's the official site; it's got too much Flash for my liking...

http://www.fox.com/pointpleasant/

CW

Yes it is. The show looks corney.

212005[/snapback]

No, it's not about the city at all; it just happens to take place there.

The show was decent. The first 45 minutes was rather slow, but it was mainly character development. The last 15 minutes hooked me enough to watch the 2nd episode (which airs tonight).

And here's the bit that will attrack the attention of TSW members:

There's a lot of girls in bikinis on the beach in this show. No kidding.

The "kill me" sex dream the guy had was kinda creapy as well...

CW

I just dont see how you can get into that many shows............it becomes too much of a routine that if you miss an episode that your lives are over lol at LOST

212101[/snapback]

TiVo; I can then watch what I want, when I want.

I don't really watch that many shows though. These are the only ones I watch:

Veronica Mars

Lost

Judging Amy

Enterprise

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Point Pleasant (potentially)

Battlestar Galactica (potentially)

I'd much rather watch a show that has an actual story arch, rather than a bunch of individual standalone episodes. Unfortunately, there aren't many shows like that...

CW

I don't really watch that many shows though.  These are the only ones I watch:

Veronica Mars

Lost

Judging Amy

Enterprise

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

I'd much rather watch a show that has an actual story arch, rather than a bunch of individual standalone episodes.  Unfortunately, there aren't many shows like that...

CW

212120[/snapback]

What did you think of the episode last night? I thought it was pretty good. A little confusing but that's to be expected in the first few episodes. I like this genre of show. The dream was pretty cool. (kill me)

I don't really watch that many shows though.  These are the only ones I watch:

Veronica Mars

Lost

Judging Amy

Enterprise

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

I'd much rather watch a show that has an actual story arch, rather than a bunch of individual standalone episodes.  Unfortunately, there aren't many shows like that...

CW

212120[/snapback]

Cheeseboy <_<

What did you think of the episode last night? I thought it was pretty good. A little confusing but that's to be expected in the first few episodes. I like this genre of show. The dream was pretty cool. (kill me)

212169[/snapback]

It was pretty good. The first 45 minutes (character setup) dragged on a bit I though. The last 15 minutes were great. We'll see how it goes.

The dream was very cool (and kinda creepy). If you noticed, the very next time that guy saw the girl she said, "I never thanked you for helping me last night," word for word what she said in the dream.

CW

It was pretty good.  The first 45 minutes (character setup) dragged on a bit I though.  The last 15 minutes were great.  We'll see how it goes.

The dream was very cool (and kinda creepy).  If you noticed, the very next time that guy saw the girl she said, "I never thanked you for helping me last night," word for word what she said in the dream.

CW

212178[/snapback]

Yeah. I thought it was interesting too that the Doctor noticed the "birthmark" on her iris.

Yeah. I thought it was interesting too that the Doctor noticed the "birthmark" on her iris.

212205[/snapback]

It was cool to see the fireball explosion with that symbol on the top. And the symbol showed up at the church as well.

CW