How the last few weeks need to go

D521646

Hi all,

Well another year another loser. What pains me the most is that the Bills can’t even make the playoffs when the AFC is so damn weak? God I’m sick when I think about it all.

So, some are saying we tank, well excuse me but aren’t we doing that even without trying? I agree and I have never been one to say we lose on purpose but this year, we really should. I mean why the hell not? Can anyone tell me why for any practical reason we need to win out?

That all said, here’s what I’d do as head coach:

1. Say to EJ, ok kid, you got 1 quarter to show me the money, if you suck, and you do NOT execute, we play Lewis, and if he sucks, we play Tuel.

2. Give EJ the reins. Yes, let him call his plays in the huddle without Hackett.

3. Yes huddle up you idiots.

4. Play every position with 2nd 3rd stringers, call up practice squad guys if necessary.

5. Play Easely more. Put up or shut up kids.

The goal here is to let everyone know RIGHT NOW that their jobs are NOT safe. From O-line to D-Line, to LB, DB’s, WR’s, TE’s, and yes, QB. My biggest concern with EJ is that SJ is in his head on every play, and part of that is due to the other guys not being strong enough to say something. It seems as though EJ is looking for SJ first on every play. I noticed this half way through the season, and it was so evident yesterday that it made me sick. I like SJ, and notwithstanding the sentiment on this board would like to keep him, BUT he is NOT the only talented receiver we have on this team.

The O line was pathetic yesterday and NO it wasn’t all Legursky’s fault. No way we give up that many sacks, it should never have happened, and tells me that Marrone and Hackett were not prepared with protection assignments. That’s on the coaches folks, no way to deny it. EJ during his development needs a solid pocket, and about a second and a half more than the top NFL QB’s to make his reads properly, so if I’m a coach, (Hello Hackett) I’m game planning to give him that extra second or two. I’m rolling out, I’m giving him 7 step drops so he can gain a second climbing the pocket, hell there are many things he can do to help this kid, but I haven’t seen it? Why? Why, Why, Why? Look, people are giving the coach’s a pass on this, but sorry, NO, they don’t get a pass, this stuff is fundamental stuff, guys? EJ needs more god damn time to go through his progressions. He isn’t good enough yet to throw open his receivers, so he must see them open, and that takes time. Give it to him for Christ sakes, Hackett??

I personally think the Defense is going to be fine if the offense can be consistent. Other than maybe a LB –or- two, and maybe a solid DB, the D is ok, IMO, and if I am the GM, I go heavy on o-line and maybe another QB in the later rounds. Oh, and if EJ shows that he can call his own plays and be successful, I start looking for another OC.

Rant off/

Tim-

Here is what I think needs to happen:

1) EJ needs to give both the fans and the coaches some proof (on the field) that he is a rising talent or else be demoted to a number two quarterback going into next season

2) Marrone needs to regain the respect and attention of a team that he appears to be losing (or may have already lost)

3) Coaches need to give more playing time to other players who might be starters next year

Here are the problems/issues I see in need of resolution:

I am no longer convinced Stevie brings anything to the game Chris hogan can't, in fact he may well cause more harm. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, and urgently wants the ball, but he just doesn't consistently deliver in the moments that matter... It's troubling EJ was able to smoke the jets with woods and Stevie out but failed miserably with both them back.

I not convinced Spillers 15 touches for one home run and otherwise 1-2 yards per carry, is worth the touches. Give me 3-5 yards every time instead of 70 one play (which was called back anyway) and a total of 22 for the other 11 carries. This type of all or nothing back has never been the cornerstone of success. Also once again he completely whiffed on a blitz pick up that resulted in a sack. Move him to kick off, punt returns and situational back duties and let's move on.

Speaking of moving on there can be no good reason Goodwin is getting fewer snaps than Graham. TJ hasn't outrun coverage for a long TD in his entire career (as I recall). Goodwin has done it 3 times with 3 different QB.

How can that defensive front 7 with all that talent still get beat so badly? There still has to be something missing up front. It looks a lot like Moats > Bradham, which isn't saying much, but we are still missing the big strong monster tackle that just parks his arse and can't be moved.

DB's... Have Gilmore and McK decided only one is allowed to have a good game each week? Seriously though they are an ok tandem but Robey has no business being matched up on the oppositions best WR. The TD he gave up was ugly and he got a PI flag too, which locked a score in for TB either way. Put our best guy on theirs and on down the line. If ours aren't good enough we need to get better

Take that spiller shotgun sweep run play out of the playbook, burn it, then flush the ashes down the toilet. That's where it belongs.

This o line needs to be reviewed to to bottom. In reality they have talent at C and 1 tackle. That's it. You gotta have some horses for this zone block running scheme and a north/south runner.

Fix all this, then start looking at your rookie QB for improvement.