[closed]My Friend Chuck Recieved this Invitation from the Bills

xsoldier54

As a Buffalo Bills Club Seat Holder, we would like to invite you for a position on the inaugural Fan Advisory Board. As a board member, you will be invited to attend monthly meetings with Front Office executives of the Buffalo Bills to share your feedback, thoughts and ideas regarding the organization’s off-the-field practices. Your participation will be very valuable as the team continues their goal to make Bills games at Ralph Wilson Stadium fun and safe for fans of all ages.

I told him he should do it even though he lives two hours from the Ralph. It would be quite and honor and he would represent us well.

I'd be curious to see exactly what they're asked to do, and how many people are on this board. I work in a business that recruits similar "boards" all the time. Sometimes it's a way of thanking people for support, sometimes it's a way to get more money out of them, and sometimes they're actually tasked to do things. Or any combination of the three.

I know I'd be very interested in it either way. He should definitely do it.

We had one of these on the NBA team that I worked for. We used them to get feedback on benefits, branding, and really to keep a pulse on the public. I never really found it too productive to be honest. It was really just steering them and getting buy in on initiatives that we were already launching. The ideas that they did have always revolved around discounts and free stuff. We didn't need to bring in a bunch of people to tell us that they want to pay less and get more stuff for free. Other teams have done these types of things with varying degrees of success. I always liked what the Spurs did and the Seattle Sounders dominate in terms of fan relations.

I always looked at the Sounders business model as the future but it may be a little too out there. They have certainly influenced tons of teams. Unfortunately the teams in Buffalo are pretty archaic when it comes to fan relations. NFL teams in general don't do these things (outside of the Bucs). The Sabres have no excuse for the arrogance, how they engage and take for granted their fan base.

Edited by Kirby Jackson