I just don't know what this team is anymore

BuffaloBaumer

They are who we thought they were!!

If you look at the team and players objectively and not let yourself get sucked in by the board Kool-Aid drinkers, this season isn't really a surprise. They have no passing game: an unpolished rookie QB with below average WRs and a bad OC. Tough defenses like the Jets and Steelers are going to keep shutting down the running game until the Bills can figure out how to throw the ball downfield. There's no mystery.

Not a surprise, but still a disappointment. Between injury and inconsistency we don't know enough about our QB to make a sane decision going into the draft. I'll continue to preach the "if you see your guy you take your guy" sermon, but, I know that it is very unrealistic that the team would use a high pick (round 3 or higher) on another. What I fear is 3 or 4 years of waiting followed by regime change which is followed by a QB change. I'm tired of the rinse/repeat cycle.

The team is puzzling. The defense looks great, but statistically they are horrible. The offense is a top o in the league, but they look like garbage. The backup QBs look better than the starter. The CB everyone didn't want to re-sign looks ten times better than our #1 CB pick. We seem both set at every position, and have holes at every position. It's an enigma.

You know, that's pretty much the way that I see it, except for the QB situation.

This is the only post in this thread that I DONT agree with.

This is the most lucid thread I have read here in a long long long time. No whining. No kool aid either. Just a nice, sober reflection on the current reality of life as a Bills fan. (If you havent read every post before mine, please take a minute and do so).

We do not have a franchise QB. Until we get one we will not be competitive. Period. I dont care about the upcoming draft. I think I know how Barry Sanders felt.

I think "rebuilding" in the NFL must be redefined. The new definition should be: "Still trying to find a franchise QB." Re-tooling at any other position doesnt matter at all. However, if you find your QB, your rebuilding is complete. Then, you're just tweaking the roster a little.

Put another way, the Bills arent currently tuning up their car. They have been shopping for a car to tune, for the last 13+ years. Or, not shopping, but waiting for one to materialize out of thin air.

Your repulsion wasn't my intent, I'm thinking that picking past a fifth or sixth spot in the 2014 draft, isn't going to produce the type of QB I personally feel this team needs. I also know there are plenty Of Bills fans that like EJ. EJ was drafted as more of a smoke and mirrors side show rather than a legitimate rational pick. Buddy stated that he would draft a franchise QB before he departed and that is just what he did. What good is drafting any franchise player if you're not going to stay around to see how he blossoms? Buddy knew he was leaving and took a shot in the dark, and then left. He should have stuck around one more year, when the QB draft class was a little stronger. If you think for one moment that I want my Bills to do poorly, think again buddy. I just am in hopes that they don't take to long to figure out that EJ is not the car we are looking for. I want a real QB for this team, not someone who was drafted by a man that didn't give a rats rear end knowing he was leaving, just to "keep his word". If we do get a high draft pick, hopefully someone in the FO is smart enough to do something with it, or we are out of the playoffs for another few years. Miami is getting better, The Jets are no slouches, and New England (to my dismay) remains at the top of the heap, and will for the next 2-3 years unless we draft a franchise QB. No whining, no koolaid, just the cold hard bitter truth of it all.