Upon Further Review

......The Bills get screwed by the refs again. Ok The refs didn't cost them the game, its not a conspiracy vs the Bills but how in the hell can the NFL possibly justify the ref's decision not to overturn that terrible call on that deep pass in 4th quarter that was obviously a CATCH and was deemed a drop. The player catchs the ball hits the ground with the ball in possession, then while on his stomach begins to roll with the ball still in in his possession. While on his back with the ball in his possession he finally has it knocked out by the db. How is that not a catch? What replays was the octogenarian ref watching?

I'll add to the crappy refs. I can't stand Dierdorf and his game calling. If it was for the Chiefs, oh what a great call. If it was for the Bills, what were the refs thinking. What the heck does Dierdorf have against the Bills? It's the same bashing EVERY week when he calls the game. And don't mention the classic, "well, if the Bills were relevant, were any good, etc.". The guy can't stand Buffalo. It's the same with Marino, Esiason, etc. I guess because they had thier butts kicked in by the Bills in thier playing days.....It's talk down about Buffalo now. I'm sick of it! Just call the game!

Well, look, we were the beneficiary of a really rinky-dink roughing-the-passer call. Nobody ever thinks the refs are being fair.

I've had my share of complaining about them, but I think this was just a bad officiating team all around.

One thing that does blow my mind is why the Goodwin play seemed to have been originally called a catch, then was called a drop, then was upheld after the replay. Those kinds of plays merit suspicion just because of the sheer fact that they had to congregate to change the call or "get it right" to begin with. Replay was inherently inconclusive either way, so the "original" call is going to stand.

Sorry, if I'm a non-Bills fan and I see that catch, I can see how someone may rule it an incomplete. When he hit the ground the balls shifted. When he rolled over it's not like he had a firm grasp, he was barely hanging in. True, the KC defender might have knocked it away as he rolled over, but I can't say he had a firm grasp.

Bottom line, that call didn't decide the game. Holding on a punt return for TD, bad interception at the Endzone when they had a chance to go up by 14 points and turned into a pick 6 and KC tying the game, and a fumble deep in their own end resulting in the TD was enough to do in the Bills. They had plenty of chances to win the game and at the point where that incompletion happened, they should have had a firm grip on this game with the previous opporunites they had.

Buffalo lost this one for Buffalo, not the refs.

Edited by dezertbill

Sorry, if I'm a non-Bills fan and I see that catch, I can see how someone may rule it an incomplete. When he hit the ground the balls shifted. When he rolled over it's not like he had a firm grasp, he was barely hanging in. True, the KC defender might have knocked it away as he rolled over, but I can't say he had a firm grasp.

Bottom line, that call didn't decide the game. Holding on a punt return for TD, bad interception at the Endzone when they had a chance to go up by 14 points and turned into a pick 6 and KC tying the game, and a fumble deep in their own end resulting in the TD was enough to do in the Bills. They had plenty of chances to win the game and at the point where that incompletion happened, they should have had a firm grip on this game with the previous opporunites they had.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well, look, we were the beneficiary of a really rinky-dink roughing-the-passer call. Nobody ever thinks the refs are being fair.

I've had my share of complaining about them, but I think this was just a bad officiating team all around.

One thing that does blow my mind is why the Goodwin play seemed to have been originally called a catch, then was called a drop, then was upheld after the replay. Those kinds of plays merit suspicion just because of the sheer fact that they had to congregate to change the call or "get it right" to begin with. Replay was inherently inconclusive either way, so the "original" call is going to stand.

I count that roughing the passer call as payback for the unnecessary roughness called (on Aaron Williams?) where the shoulder pad happened to hit the receivers helmet as they were running past each other.

As far as I'm concerned, the NFL owes us 50 yards, or however damn long that play was. I'm sick of knowing the outcome of a review before the broadcast. It started with the illegal forward pass 13 years ago in Nashville, and it continues today.

You're right that call didn't decide the game. BUT I disagree when you say it was questionable in the first place. IMO he had as much possession of the ball as Dez Bryant had last week in his TD before stepping out of bounds. When you roll on the ground maintaining possession and the DB knocks it away from you, it should be a catch.