Article on Rajric Coleman

dailar

I don't know if i am even allowed to share this on here, if I am not allowed I will take it down immediately, but I recently conducted an interview with Rajric Coleman and wrote an article based on Rajric and his rise through high school and college ultimately to the NFL. Rajric was here as an UDFA the year of the lock out and I just thought it would be interesting to tell the story of someone who wasn't a star really. There's also an audio interview linked which Rajric did later with my friends at "Overtime Ireland" which is excellent. Anyway if you are interested I have included the link here. I hope you enjoy.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/10/30/the-story-of-the-nfl-player-who-almost-made-it/

I don't know if i am even allowed to share this on here, if I am not allowed I will take it down immediately, but I recently conducted an interview with Rajric Coleman and wrote an article based on Rajric and his rise through high school and college ultimately to the NFL. Rajric was here as an UDFA the year of the lock out and I just thought it would be interesting to tell the story of someone who wasn't a star really. There's also an audio interview linked which Rajric did later with my friends at "Overtime Ireland" which is excellent. Anyway if you are interested I have included the link here. I hope you enjoy.

http://lastwordonspo...almost-made-it/

It was interesting but I only read just to see how the article went. I'm not likely to read articles on guys who didn't make it nor that I even remembered.

It would have been much better if it wasn't so long, as speaking for my self and probably others, we read a lot on line and don't want to spend all day on one article. I would cut it to one page with brief summery of his playing career and more info on what he is doing today which only had a paragraph and a few lines. I want to know why a guy is a success and how he is progressing not why he failed at something else.

The whole point was just that, to tell the story not often told. Everyone hears about the people who are successful but not necessarily about those who did not make it. To know what it was like to be cut, to know what its like to always be on the periphery but never quite get where you hoped. Thanks for taking the time to read it though and I appreciate your points you made.

I think this is a very intersting subject and one I would like to read a bit more on. It's about people. It's about redirection. It's about struggle. It's about toughness and tough luck.

I enjoyed the interview and subject. There are a few minor areas where editing would make the story flow a little smoother, but all in all, a good read.

I live in the Phoenix area, and have heard of Rajric before, which made the story more interesting for me.

As for the first poster's reply about slicing it down to one page, I disagree. I want the story with some details. To summarize and shorten would take away from it being an informative interview piece. Too many mainstream pieces go that shortened route. And it didn't take all day to read; just a few minutes.

Thanks for sharing this and I hope to read more if you ever want to share.

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead