Rian Lindell

KGUNBILLS

Watching the Buccs, Panthers game last night, I couldn't help but think What a classy player Lindell is. The only positive points for the Buccs included Rian. In case you didn't see it, he was perfect kicking field goals. Two of them were over forty yards. It makes me think back to why Chan had little to no faith in him. There were more than a few times that I thought we should have attempted a Lindell field goal, instead punted. Even though it was a loss for his new team, it was nice to see him succeed in his individual effort. He always showed class and represented very well for our team and the city of Buffalo. Even when he departed, he was grateful for the fans of Buffalo, and the opportunity to play for the Bills.

Watching the Buccs, Panthers game last night, I couldn't help but think What a classy player Lindell is. The only positive points for the Buccs included Rian. In case you didn't see it, he was perfect kicking field goals. Two of them were over forty yards. It makes me think back to why Chan had little to no faith in him. There were more than a few times that I thought we should have attempted a Lindell field goal, instead punted. Even though it was a loss for his new team, it was nice to see him succeed in his individual effort. He always showed class and represented very well for our team and the city of Buffalo. Even when he departed, he was grateful for the fans of Buffalo, and the opportunity to play for the Bills.

I actually don't think Chan had little faith in Lindell. My sense was always that Chan was playing the odds, and preferred to play field position. There is no doubt that Lindell can kick 50+ yarders-- but even a good kicker isn't great from beyond 50.

In any event, I agree, and wish Lindell the best. To think, if Hopkins got injured a week or so earlier, Lindell would still be here.

Lindell's always been an accurate kicker, but his leg strength is gone and that means more today with kickoffs. He's in a better spot now with Koenen handling kickoffs (although he didn't Thursday for some reason).

Honestly, the Bills are better off with Carpenter now. He's been great.