Last Time We Played the Saints

C.Biscuit97

I remember a game in the Ralph when the Saints with Gus Ferotte at QB beat the Bills in a really nasty weather game. I remember Gus name because his brother played for the Bills (Mitch Ferotte) Can't place the year though, perhaps 80's, anyhow, I was there, frozen and disappointed.

I thought the QB was John Forcade or something like that, if that's the same game I'm thinking of. Weather was cold and rainy and we got beat by a bum QB,

Edited by wnyguy

I remember a game in the Ralph when the Saints with Gus Ferotte at QB beat the Bills in a really nasty weather game. I remember Gus name because his brother played for the Bills (Mitch Ferotte) Can't place the year though, perhaps 80's, anyhow, I was there, frozen and disappointed.

Ahh the "Bickering Bills" of 89. That was the middle game of a late season 3 game swoon that almost cost us the playoffs. The following week we'd lose in San Francisco 21-10 to the eventual champs. Thankfully the season ended with a 37-0 win at the hapless Jets. We'd win the division with a 9-7 record and head on down I90 to play Cleveland in the playoffs....where a Kelly/Kosar shootout was spoiled by Ronnie Harmon

Brees has never thrown an interception against the Bills in 3 career games. Outside of New Orleans who he played against one-time Brees has been picked by 30 franchises in the NFL. I'm not saying we'll get one Sunday, but wouldn't it be nice if we did a Flacco / Sanchez against Brees Sunday.

brees then went on to set the nfl record for consecutive games over the next 3 seasons. its a nice little tidbit that we are one of the bookends for the record.

It's to bad no one ever brings that up, instead we are remembered for four straight superbowl losses. Almost seems like it should be a punch line for a bad joke.