Fantastic insight article about our culture of losing

GaryPinC

I'll believe it when I see it.

The phrase that should be hanging from the wall at the practice field should be "No more talk"

How's Russ Brandon supposed to market this team then? His campaigns have been all about it for years now. ;)

Welcome aboard BTW.

I notice that in these forums it's the younger fans that seem more content to simply have a .500 or 9-7 team while the older fans that went thru the '90s want more.

I would be content this year to got 8-8 or 9-7. I want to break the 8 year sub .500 streak. Most teams when they get good get to .500 or 9-7 or 10-6 a few years before they break through. Yeah, I want a SB trophy, but we first need to not have a losing season. Then we will have the losing culture monkey off our back.

In the article Chris Brown mentions 51 wins in 128 close games (within 7 in the 4th Q). That's a .398 winning %. So far this year we're .428 in close games. Not much difference. We'll know it's working when we win more than we lose. On Coach Gailey's first day on the job he said he wanted to end the culture of losing and stress fundamentals. How is that different than what we hear now?

Chris Brown also says we've had 128 of these close games in the last 13 years. That's 10 games a year. We've always played teams close, good, bad, or otherwise. Again, what's different about this year? Winning would be different.

I'm not trying to be negative, but don't hand me **** and tell me it's shinola. Win and then we'll talk about it.

I'm in Marrone's corner, but I gotta see more wins before I BILL-ieve.

Go BILLS !!!

Edited by reddogblitz

[/size]

I didn't follow Marrone when he was at Syracuse, but I'm just curious, what happened there? His record was 25-25, hardly "outstanding."

The 4 seasons prior to Marrone were, 1-10, 4-8, 2-10, 3-9. He improved the team across the board which culminated in a divisional 1st placing......and earning to 2 Pinstripe Bowl victories in his 4 years there.