Here's a Stat I Thought We'd Never See for the Bills' D

unfortunately I fear I'm correct as well. I've never been shy about my opinion of Kyle as a football player. IMO, he's over rated. I've stated it's because he's a country white bit, who brings his lunch pal to work, with a blue collar attitude and he's got a high motor. That's all great. And I believe he's good. But I seriously doubt his ability beyond good. I personally don't think he's pro bowl caliber and he might be very effective in the pass rush, he's putrid against the run most of the times. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's not what we need him to do. It's like fitting a square peg into a round hole.

Usually when I see Branch, he's in there with Kyle. (At least what I've noticed) I'd actually like to see him with Marcell a bit more (and he might be and I'm just not paying attention).

In fact, I'd like to see Kyle play DE with MD and Branch in at the DT positions and Mario in the other side. Not sure I've seen that at all but it sure would be scary. I'd dare teams to run on us at that point.

I'll just suffice to say that you and I are watching COMPLETELY different players named Kyle Williams.

GO BILLS!!!

Unfortunately he (like many of out past coaches) can't stop the damn run.

I have to say it again. I know I sound like a broken record here, but the one constant on our DLine throughout the years as we've sucked against the run... Kyle Williams. Not saying he's bad but he's definitely more of a pass rush penetrator than a run stopper.

Kyle Williams is rated by ProFootballFocus Premium Stats as 11th against the run out of 42 DEs playing the 3-4. Alan Branch is 16th. Carrington was 18th, and former PS player Corbin Bryant has worked his way up to 23rd. The Bills defense is now the 8th-ranked team against the run (Jets and Chiefs are #1 and 2).

Marcell Dareus is 11th of 69 3-4 DTs ahainst the run. He is #1 in tackles and stops. Rushbacker Jerry Hughes is 8th-rated of 41 OLBs against the run. OLB34 Manny Lawson's 31 tackles, who is out for NO, is second only to Terrell Suggs' 32 tackles, and Hughes is 10th among the 41 OLBs, ahead of Kerrigan, Orakpo, Clay Matthews and Kruger.

Edited by Astrobot

Kyle Williams is rated by ProFootballFocus Premium Stats as 11th against the run out of 42 DEs playing the 3-4. Alan Branch is 16th. Carrington was 18th, and former PS player Corbin Bryant has worked his way up to 23rd. The Bills defense is now the 8th-ranked team against the run (Jets and Chiefs are #1 and 2).

Marcell Dareus is 11th of 69 3-4 DTs ahainst the run. He is #1 in tackles and stops. Rushbacker Jerry Hughes is 8th-rated of 41 OLBs against the run. OLB34 Manny Lawson's 31 tackles, who is out for NO, is second only to Terrell Suggs' 32 tackles, and Hughes is 10th among the 41 OLBs, ahead of Kerrigan, Orakpo, Clay Matthews and Kruger.

by what measure are they 8th? Looking at YPC they are in the middle of the pack, which is a heck of a lot better than last year.