Bait and Switch

Mickey

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Now that the election is over and the evangelical vote is in the bag, Bush bagged his promise to push for a Constitutional Amendment banning Gay Marriage.

Doesn't that make him a...........

FLIP-FLOPPER??????????

208336[/snapback]

Where is the link that says that??

Ohh that is most revealing news. Typical campaign nonsense! Are you REALLY surprised that this has happened?? Come on, after the last four years, we know this is just the beginning. :devil:

Even I knew this was going to happen.

208371[/snapback]

I don't want to complain too much because I think a Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage is a bad idea. Still, after 4 or 5 months of the "flip-flopper" stuff, he deserves this reversal of his to get tossed at him. "Turnabout is fair play". The people who should really be mad are the evangelicals. Maybe they will have some vigils on the steps of the Captol like the did when they were praying for God to politically castrate Arlen Specter. Ahhh, the power of prayer, sometimes it definitely works.

I don't want to complain too much because I think a Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage is a bad idea.  Still, after 4 or 5 months of the "flip-flopper" stuff, he deserves this reversal of his to get tossed at him.  "Turnabout is fair play".  The people who should really be mad are the evangelicals.  Maybe they will have some vigils on the steps of the Captol like the did when they were praying for God to politically castrate Arlen Specter.  Ahhh, the power of prayer, sometimes it definitely works.

208531[/snapback]

Oh, stop.

One of the biggest reasons why there is a backlash on this whole thing is MONEY. And everyone, INCLUDING the "gay lobby"....the folks pushing for gay marriage is being disingenuos (sp?!?) about it. They talk about "love". "Love", my eye. Its about the ability to get medical benefits only married couples can. Its about getting estate rights when a spouse kicks it. Its about getting a break on car insurance. And on the OTHER side of the coin, its not about "the sanctity of marriage"! HA! Its about the insurance lobby, the medical lobby and even general business lobbys pushing Bush to make that Consititutional ban happen so that they dont have to kick in the "marriage" discount to all those new "happy in love" gay couples, costing them billions in revenue.

Add THIS issue to the myriad of other issues the general public is duped about by the spin merchants.

Oh, stop.

One of the biggest reasons why there is a backlash on this whole thing is MONEY. And everyone, INCLUDING the "gay lobby"....the folks pushing for gay marriage is being disingenuos (sp?!?) about it. They talk about "love". "Love", my eye. Its about the ability to get medical benefits only married couples can. Its about getting estate rights when a spouse kicks it. Its about getting a break on car insurance. And on the OTHER side of the coin, its not about "the sanctity of marriage"! HA! Its about the insurance lobby, the medical lobby and even general business lobbys pushing Bush to make that Consititutional ban happen so that they dont have to kick in the "marriage" discount to all those new "happy in love" gay couples, costing them billions in revenue.

Add THIS issue to the myriad of other issues the general public is duped about by the spin merchants.

208549[/snapback]

I don't know why these gay people get pissed off when they don't get marriage benefits. I mean, they're already used to getting f***ed up the ass. :doh:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I don't know why these gay people get pissed off when they don't get marriage benefits. I mean, they're already used to getting f***ed up the ass.  :(

208809[/snapback]

That was funny!!! :doh:

I'd put you in for post of the week a)if there was such a thing, and b)if it wasn't 2005. :(

I don't know why these gay people get pissed off when they don't get marriage benefits. I mean, they're already used to getting f***ed up the ass.  :P

208809[/snapback]

:(:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(Even though I think the state should butt out of how people live their lives, including going against gay marriage)