TGreg99 vs. Rob's House

Next round 1 matchup:

Rob's House vs. TGreg99

Topic: Which aspect of the scourge that is Hollywood has done more damage to our country in the last 30 years.....sex or violence? All aspects of entertainment are included in this debate: Movies, video games, pop music, rap music, pop culture, etc..

Please leave this thread for TGreg99 and Rob's House only. Make comments in the main thread.

Guys, pick a side. If you pick opposite sides, then begin. If you pick the same side you will have to wait for the judge. Me.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Hope you had a big breakfast TGregg, because you’re going to need it. How you gonna go against an army with handgun? I know the judge has great wisdom, so I can only assume he made such a pairing not because he wanted to see an even debate, but because he wanted to see a proverbial curb stomping because TGregg (Who will hereinafter be referred to as PGregg {the P stands for kitty}) is not a worthy adversary. DCTom with the chip firmly panted upon his shoulder, and his pompous condescending nature, might well have been a worthy adversary, (worthier anyway – he’s still a bum) but PGregg? That's not a worthy !@#$ing adversary.

To keep it sporting (at least as sporting as possible given the competition) I was going to let P pick which side he’d rather defend. Knowing he’s a cowardly man (and I’m using the term “man” loosely) I should have known he’d be too timid to take the lead, so I’ll decide. Naturally, PGregg will toe the party line and defend the scourge that Hollywood’s brazen exploitation of sex has brought upon our once pure nation. But it’s clear to all reasonable people that violence in the media is clean wholesome entertainment, while sex is dirty, naughty, and shameful, and is tearing apart the moral fabric of society.

In times of higher national moral character, violence was widely accepted as entertainment. Everything from cowboys and Indians shooting each other to the Road Runner dropping a Coyote off high cliffs while strapped in explosives, was broadcast for children. We all were highly entertained by the just retribution and grew up to live moral and virtuous lives. Then Larry Flynt and his mouth whore lawyer perverted the first amendment on the false pretense that nudie pics are free speech. Next thing you know it’s breasts and ass all over TV, high schoolers are having sex, and children across the country are unwittingly presented with Janet Jackson’s old wrinkled breast! And PGregg and his Hollywood ilk just say “give me more, man. Give me more.” Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one who gives a **** about the children?

I could go on, but I’ll feign mercy and wait for little Greggy to respond before I administer any further ass whooping. Not because I’m showing mercy, but because I want to draw it out and make this slow and painful. Bring the noise, Mother!@#$er!

TGreg99 does not appear to have even logged in since October 11th. His lead in this contest is razor thin as a result. He has been warned. Rob's House should feel free to keep arguing which will probably only help TGreg99 or he can be silent and let this play out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of participation in this thread I will give the correct answer:

Hollywood's treatment of sex has played a larger role in the degradation of our country than Hollywood's use of violence.

The violence stuff might get some crazies going off on tilt. Sex impacts everyone; well everyone that doesn't overdose on lentils anyway. Hollywood portrays sex all wrong. They don't know how to do it right. Guys try to emulate what they see in movies and chicks end up in charge. Poof....there goes the country. If Hollywood showed dudes what chicks really want/need and they emulated that, then the entire balance of power would be shifted to men, women would be satiated and we would not have all these helmet to helmet rules, Los Gatos foreign policy and political correctness. In a better world, if some dweeb started spouting off about global warming there would be no shortage of people willing to take him back to his old high school and lock him in his locker.

Keeping women happy is not difficult. If you are good at it you can do it with a simple glance. If you do it really right, you don't even have to be there, they can just imagine you. But the crap they show in Hollywood with all of this back and forth banter and blah blah blah just does not work in real life. It confuses men with confidence problems, which is roughly 93% and most of the remaining 7% are falsely confident. It is killing us as a nation. About 1.3% of men basically have to do everything.

The winner of this thread is declared to be the judge. Me.

I will not however be advancing to the second round. My place will be taken by a mystery contestant to be determined by the judge. Me.

This thread will remain open. Please use it to insult Rob's House and TGreg99 for their poor performance reminiscent of the poor performances of sex by Hollywood.

Due to the lack of participation in this thread I will give the correct answer:

Hollywood's treatment of sex has played a larger role in the degradation of our country than Hollywood's use of violence.

The violence stuff might get some crazies going off on tilt. Sex impacts everyone; well everyone that doesn't overdose on lentils anyway. Hollywood portrays sex all wrong. They don't know how to do it right. Guys try to emulate what they see in movies and chicks end up in charge. Poof....there goes the country. If Hollywood showed dudes what chicks really want/need and they emulated that, then the entire balance of power would be shifted to men, women would be satiated and we would not have all these helmet to helmet rules, Los Gatos foreign policy and political correctness. In a better world, if some dweeb started spouting off about global warming there would be no shortage of people willing to take him back to his old high school and lock him in his locker.

Keeping women happy is not difficult. If you are good at it you can do it with a simple glance. If you do it really right, you don't even have to be there, they can just imagine you. But the crap they show in Hollywood with all of this back and forth banter and blah blah blah just does not work in real life. It confuses men with confidence problems, which is roughly 93% and most of the remaining 7% are falsely confident. It is killing us as a nation. About 1.3% of men basically have to do everything.

The winner of this thread is declared to be the judge. Me.

I will not however be advancing to the second round. My place will be taken by a mystery contestant to be determined by the judge. Me.

This thread will remain open. Please use it to insult Rob's House and TGreg99 for their poor performance reminiscent of the poor performances of sex by Hollywood.

Thank you for your sound judgment and analysis, Mr. Hocchuli.

• 3 months later...

Hope you had a big breakfast TGregg, because you’re going to need it. How you gonna go against an army with handgun? I know the judge has great wisdom, so I can only assume he made such a pairing not because he wanted to see an even debate, but because he wanted to see a proverbial curb stomping because TGregg (Who will hereinafter be referred to as PGregg {the P stands for kitty}) is not a worthy adversary. DCTom with the chip firmly panted upon his shoulder, and his pompous condescending nature, might well have been a worthy adversary, (worthier anyway – he’s still a bum) but PGregg? That's not a worthy !@#$ing adversary.

To keep it sporting (at least as sporting as possible given the competition) I was going to let P pick which side he’d rather defend. Knowing he’s a cowardly man (and I’m using the term “man” loosely) I should have known he’d be too timid to take the lead, so I’ll decide. Naturally, PGregg will toe the party line and defend the scourge that Hollywood’s brazen exploitation of sex has brought upon our once pure nation. But it’s clear to all reasonable people that violence in the media is clean wholesome entertainment, while sex is dirty, naughty, and shameful, and is tearing apart the moral fabric of society.

In times of higher national moral character, violence was widely accepted as entertainment. Everything from cowboys and Indians shooting each other to the Road Runner dropping a Coyote off high cliffs while strapped in explosives, was broadcast for children. We all were highly entertained by the just retribution and grew up to live moral and virtuous lives. Then Larry Flynt and his mouth whore lawyer perverted the first amendment on the false pretense that nudie pics are free speech. Next thing you know it’s breasts and ass all over TV, high schoolers are having sex, and children across the country are unwittingly presented with Janet Jackson’s old wrinkled breast! And PGregg and his Hollywood ilk just say “give me more, man. Give me more.” Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one who gives a **** about the children?

I could go on, but I’ll feign mercy and wait for little Greggy to respond before I administer any further ass whooping. Not because I’m showing mercy, but because I want to draw it out and make this slow and painful. Bring the noise, Mother!@#$er!

Apologies for being so late... I would have been here sooner but I've spent the past seven plus months researching. And by researching I mean having as much sex, in as many positions, elevations, and locations as possible. I'm nothing if I'm not thorough. I researched all different kinds of sex, reproducing scenes from every classic sexual movie. I tried conservative sex (missionary, no eye contact or speaking), liberal sex (lots of intense insults and propaganda), to libertarian sex (lots of friction, usually a solo activity). I had sex on film, on tables, in front of an open fridge, at band camp, in Central Park, a coatroom, even the Queen Mary. I had sex with actresses, models, wannabes, producers... the list was as endless as my penicillin prescription.

And I did it all for you.

After all of this exhaustive (and sometimes expensive) research I found myself happier. I found myself more at ease. My blood pressure dropped, my cholesterol plummeted, my doctor said my heart has never been healthier. I even have a six pack now, a real one, just from all the thrusting and exercise I've endured for the sake of this showdown. My skin looks better, my smile is brighter, and my stress has evaporated to the point where I spent the past three weeks smiling (and icing my junk) without ever once looking at my phone or any type of screen. In other words, exposure to sex lead me to watch less of Hollywood's product. I didn't have time! All I could think of was how lucky I am to have a fully functioning penis and a city full of desperate (and attractive) women eager to help my research.

Which brings us to our point. Imitating the sex I've seen on screen has left me satisfied, content, and too tired to go on any sort of violent rampage. I'm more inclined to help a little old lady cross the street than I am to mow down a bus full of nuns with my AR-17. That's a win for the entire community, and a win for sex. Even better, my new found appreciation for sex requires concentration and effort and that limits the amount of time I have to watch Hollywood's products. Less time watching Hollywood junk means more time for me to put my junk to use. Can the same be said for those who watch violent movies or shows?

I think Rob's post above shows us violence in Hollywood leads to a more aggressive posture; a potentially more violent posture. Look at the hostility in nearly every word Rob chose to type. Does he sound like a man who's satisfied by the loving embrace (or even the slutty embrace) of a good woman? Or does he sound like hours and hours of endless violence has left him with a hair trigger and no outlet for his rage? In some ways, it sounds a lot like Islamic Fundamentalists -- barred from sexual congress with women, or alcohol to soothe their manly urges, is it any wonder these fundamentalists often choose a life of violence and suicide bombs? Without sex, violence is all that is left to fill the hole in their hearts. Is that the kind of message we want to impart on our vulnerable youth?

While my health and temperament has improved from watching and imitating the sex I've seen, Rob's has declined. Worse, his obsession with violence leads him to watching more and more violent images to get a release -- meaning he watches more and more of Hollywood's product (greasing the skids and encouraging Hollywood to continue to produce even more drek) -- whereas exposure to sex on film has led me to stop watching as much Hollywood drivel in order to find more P.

PGreg... I like that. Shall wear it with a badge of honor.

So, if your primary goal is to lessen Hollywood's influence on our culture, you should support more sex on screen. More sex on screen leads to more people having sex off screen which leads to less people consuming Hollywood's product.