Which QB signing would still make the season "watchable"?

I have no interest in bringing in a "veteran" who is only available because he has proven that he doesn't belong on a roster in this league. I would rather poach a young guy off the practice squad of another team and have him sit behind Tuel while we see what Jeff can do. Developing a young QB that has the potential to be a quality starter in this league is better than signing a veteran who we know is not and never will be worth a roster spot. Matt Scott maybe or Seth Doege for example are practice squad guys we could get for nothing. The notion that someone like Freeman is going to come in and play well enough for us to win enough games to stay in the hunt is a fantasy.

I agree with you and not just because you have so many posts but you make sense!

Honestly, I'd just go with Tuel. It'd be a bad idea to get a big name FA QB, i.e. Freeman, with the intent to bench him in 4-8 weeks. The Bills do have a lot of cap space but would it be worth being on the hook for an extra 1-2m for the next couple season. Just play Tuel and see if he can ball. If he can, he'll cement himself a roster spot. If he can't the Bills can always address it in the draft or the offseason.

Id love to agree with you but I would probably get in trouble because you dont have enough posts. but makes sense. Edited by fansince88

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know the deal with the CFL? It seems like a QB there would love a chance to move to the NFL. Is there some agreement between leagues, or the player's contract that prohibits it? There has to be a QB there that is as capable as some of the options being discussed.

Go with Tuel. I never saw a NFL player look more scared then he did Thursday. Let's see how he works out knowing for 10 days he's the starter.

You got to at the least give the kid a full week worth of reps before you just bury him in the Bills QB grave yard . A lot of these Bills fans are the type that push the old lady into traffic or slam the door in her face & when it comes to football knowledge I'm glad they are janitors & carpenters !!

Could be waiting on the Raiders signing Freeman, making Matt Flynn available for trade.

They don't practice until Monday, I believe, so there really isn't anything that the new QB can do until then anyway. Also, whoever they bring in will be running a limited playbook which won't be much different to what we were running with Manuel at QB.

IMO, our options, in order of who could win us the most games:

Josh Freeman

Matt Flynn(trade)

Vince Young

Kellen Moore(trade)

Jamarcus Russel

Tyler Wilson(practice squad)

1-3 are all good options in my book.

Kellen Moore lost 2 games as a 4 year starter at Boise State I know his height was a knock but was that the only issue ? I guess he doesn't really fit out run n gun offense but I don't see why he isn't worth a tryout

I don't get the people who say Freeman would be a bad idea. Manuel clearly has confidence, and Freeman would be brought in knowing this is an audition to get more money in the offseason if he plays well.

"Best" choices: Josh Freeman-To me, Freeman serves as the most logical choice to give the Bills season at least a glimmer of hope. Freeman has his issues, but I'm sure we can all agree, the talent that would surround him here (when healthy, that is) is far and away superior than the talent he had in Tampa

You sure on talent?

Tampa Bay:

Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Carl Nicks

Buffalo:

CJ Spiller/Fred Jackson, Steve Johnson, Robert Woods, Eric Wood

I think I'd probably take Tampa Bay there...