Screen Passes?

5 Wide

One concerning thing this year has been the lack of a screen game from Hackett. Spiller and Jackson accounted for some big gains in Gailey's offense last year, and the Patriots basically provided the blueprint for how to beat the Jets blitzing attack with screens, bubble screens and quick hitters. Thoughts?

May be we suck at them.

We certainly did not last year...I remember hearing several times we were among the best screen-play teams in the league...

I'm sure we do suck at them now though...Seeing as though they are completely removed from the playbook and I'm assuming they have not practiced them much...

Just saying... B-)

one would think....

heck even marrone coming through new orleans you would think would have seen how great they work at creating space. a gift and a curse being he was part of an offense staff that would put reggie bush in some terrible spots, and then great ones the next week. spiller is a lot like bush in his ability to create in space. hopefully he can find reliable ways to get him in space.

We certainly did not last year...I remember hearing several times we were among the best screen-play teams in the league...

I'm sure we do suck at them now though...Seeing as though they are completely removed from the playbook and I'm assuming they have not practiced them much...

Just saying... B-)

Well, two key pieces missing from last year: Levitre and Fitz. Could that be the difference? I'm asking for real.

I don't recall Hackett being afraid to throw a screen at Syracuse. Quite the opposite, in fact. Surely not an expert on Cuse football, so if someone knows better, please weigh-in.

Well, two key pieces missing from last year: Levitre and Fitz. Could that be the difference? I'm asking for real.

I don't recall Hackett being afraid to throw a screen at Syracuse. Quite the opposite, in fact. Surely not an expert on Cuse football, so if someone knows better, please weigh-in.

strong guard play certainly helps when getting out into that space.

fitz i dont think is a difference maker in the screen game.

i think its simply play calling and a young guy that is finding what he wants to do vs what his talent can do vs.... etc....

Could be...Levitre definitely made a difference on screens...And screens do not come without some risk...They have to be executed properly for sure...But when something is an integral part of your Offense your drilling that in practice constantly...Teams get better at it because they are practicing it day in and day out...At least that's what I imagine...

I just don't see how any NFL offense in this day and age is going to be effective without utilizing the screen game from time to time...Screens are basically used to slow down pressure...In a game like yesterday's I think it's easy to assume that a couple well designed screens could have made a big difference...But what do I know...I certainly could be wrong about it...Maybe they simply feel the personnel is not a good fit...Though I think you have 2 of the better screen RB's in the NFL... B-)

Please stop talking about lack of this or that. Last couple weeks and preseason t was lack of down field throws... Look what happened yesterday. Every time you want something it seems to end up being the biggest mistake. So you want screens and guess what will happen. EJ will put too much touch on it and it will float as the defense is able to read and react.

Please stop talking about lack of this or that. Last couple weeks and preseason t was lack of down field throws... Look what happened yesterday. Every time you want something it seems to end up being the biggest mistake. So you want screens and guess what will happen. EJ will put too much touch on it and it will float as the defense is able to read and react.

So what's the point of a message board if we don't get to talk about the game? Do you disagree that a screen game possibly would have helped slow down the all out pressure?