Husband kills wife since daughter didn't wish him happy birthday

\GoBillsInDallas/

Definately sad. Before my Grandfather passed, I was actually beginning to fear for Granny. He became increasingly delusional and angry by the day, and he was an avid gunsman. He was a tremendous man up until his first stroke. After that though, he was very difficult to bare (bear?). He was a lifelong smoker. The doctors said his heart was as healthy as ever, but emphysima, and the resulting lack of O2 to his brain probably played a major roll in his deteriorating mental condition.

Definately sad. Before my Grandfather passed, I was actually beginning to fear for Granny. He became increasingly delusional and angry by the day, and he was an avid gunsman. He was a tremendous man up until his first stroke. After that though, he was very difficult to bare (bear?). He was a lifelong smoker. The doctors said his heart was as healthy as ever, but emphysima, and the resulting lack of O2 to his brain probably played a major roll in his deteriorating mental condition.

Aging can be hell on both the individual and family. One of the hardest things is you just don't know who might become bat... crazy. The old woman who lived next door to us in Dallas (we never knew her exact age - high 80's low 90's) could be lucid and funny as hell one day and then a lunatic the next. She would see "people" in her house that were not there. A couple of times she ended up screaming at our front door believing her life was being threatened (there was no danger). The cops also asked to have her phone removed because she kept calling 911. She had no children so in many ways her death was merciful.

Finally, it is also sick how some people prey on the elderly. Some dude nearly made off with her money. He convinced her that he was a cousin and she nearly signed off to have him take over her finances,

I am guessing that the old man in this story just was not in his right mind. Sad situation for anyone directly involved.