About those penalties

WIDE LEFT

I mean, sometimes you have to ask yourself where the Bills find theses guys. Lee Smith, for example. A tight end whose only job is to block. Doesn't play that much, isn't asked to catch passes. Finally gets in the game, and what does this guy do - he commits a holding penalty, wiping out a long CJ run. Just block, that's all you are asked to do, and you are not asked that often. And Fullback Frank, also not asked to play or do much, commits the dumbest penalty of the year, holding on a 4th and 15 punt. Talk about creative. He then goes on to completely whiff on his blocking assignment, causing the EJ fumble. Aaron Williams personal foul was dumb as well, but at least he was flying around the field, making plays

It's frightening how close these dumb penalties came to costing us this game.

If not for penalties we would be 2-0. Have to clean them up. Another huge concern for me is this hurry up. We fail at numerous 3rd down conversions because we rush to the line before being on the same page. somebody tell these guys that it's okay to huddle sometimes!

Edited by BLEDSOE1QB

No doubt we can't commit senseless penalties the way we have been. But to say Smith's holding cost us a long CJ run isn't true. In fact, most big plays that occur after a flag is thrown are resulting consequences of the penalty. I.e. when Smith held, it provided CJ an opening to exploit and get those yards. Smith doesn't hold and guy gets passed him and too CJ for an equivalent loss. But sure, the summers penalty was stupid as were others.